• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blu-Ray File Size Problems

Donnie Narco

Question

I am trying to make a Blu-Ray disc composed of video files from my camera, making a disc with menus and such to watch in my PS3.

The file sizes are 740MB, but when I chose Add New Movie into MyDVD, the file size on the disk jumps to like 5GB?!?!? Why is the file size changing so much? I have all the settings set to Same As Original, but yet the 25GB disc gets full before I ever get all my movies put on it.

Am I doing something wrong here? I just want to be able to put 11 740MB movies on one 25GB Disc and have a menu that people can use to access which file they want to watch.

Please help me, I read through some of the forums, but I didnt see users having the exact problem. I apologize if this is already out there and I didn't find it.

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

600GB 7200RPM internal

1TB eSATA external

Lite-On iHBS212 12x Blu-Ray Burner

6GB RAM

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

You have to remember that .avi files, etc are highly condensed and when you convert those to vob format (for a standalone player) they WILL be a lot larger

I've never actually tried to convert to Blu-Ray but I can tell you that you will only fit one hour of video (at best quality) on a standard DVD. Now with Blu-Ray you are working with high definitien and, as far as I know, you will only get the same - approximately one hour

I am trying to make a Blu-Ray disc composed of video files from my camera, making a disc with menus and such to watch in my PS3.

The file sizes are 740MB, but when I chose Add New Movie into MyDVD, the file size on the disk jumps to like 5GB?!?!? Why is the file size changing so much? I have all the settings set to Same As Original, but yet the 25GB disc gets full before I ever get all my movies put on it.

Am I doing something wrong here? I just want to be able to put 11 740MB movies on one 25GB Disc and have a menu that people can use to access which file they want to watch.

Please help me, I read through some of the forums, but I didnt see users having the exact problem. I apologize if this is already out there and I didn't find it.

Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit

600GB 7200RPM internal

1TB eSATA external

Lite-On iHBS212 12x Blu-Ray Burner

6GB RAM

Thanks.

Forget about file sizes when you talk about video on discs.

How much video can you fit on a Blu-ray disc?

Over 9 hours of high-definition (HD) video on a 50GB disc.

About 23 hours of standard-definition (SD) video on a 50GB disc.