• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Ramble

Cineplayer Bd Quit Working

Question

Hi there,

Cineplayer BD 5.6 worked fine including non 3d Avatar BR on my laptop from the time of purchase in Dec 2010 till I tried to play the Dungeons and Dragons BR DVD. This is the none 3d laptop. I put the DVD in and it wouldn't come up so I went to my computer and tried to bring it up from there and it thinks about it then ejects the DVD. So I opened Cineplayer from the start menu and went to the update area and it said 2 critical updates needed. Only one at at time can be installed. I downloaded and installed the 1st one fine, now when I try to open Cineplayer and install the 2nd Critical update it won't open and I get (The application cannot be launched due to insufficient video resources) click ok and it closes. Been to the Roxio site and no answers. it seems to recognize CDs but not DVD and BR. All Win 7 updates are currant, Any assistance would be much appreciated, Ramble

Asus G73jw-Xt1

Win7 Home Pro w/Service Pack 2

8 GB Ram

Core i7

Nvidia GForce Gtx460m Cuda 1.5Gb

1 500gb HDD & 1 360gb HDD

Edited by Ramble

16 answers to this question

Hi there,

Cineplayer BD 5.6 worked fine including non 3d Avatar BR on my laptop from the time of purchase in Dec 2010 till I tried to play the Dungeons and Dragons BR DVD. This is the none 3d laptop. I put the DVD in and it wouldn't come up so I went to my computer and tried to bring it up from there and it thinks about it then ejects the DVD. So I opened Cineplayer from the start menu and went to the update area and it said 2 critical updates needed. Only one at at time can be installed. I downloaded and installed the 1st one fine, now when I try to open Cineplayer and install the 2nd Critical update it won't open and I get (The application cannot be launched due to insufficient video resources) click ok and it closes. Been to the Roxio site and no answers. it seems to recognize CDs but not DVD and BR. All Win 7 updates are currant, Any assistance would be much appreciated, Ramble

Asus G73jw-Xt1

Win7 Home Pro w/Service Pack 2

8 GB Ram

Core i7

Nvidia GForce Gtx460m Cuda 1.5Gb

1 500gb HDD & 1 360gb HDD

Where did you get the D&D DVD?

Does Windows see your drives as DVD drives? Open Creator , go to tools and then get disc information. Post a screen shot of the information. Like this:

post-58-015257700 1307965609.jpg

Where did you get the D&D DVD?

Does Windows see your drives as DVD drives? Open Creator , go to tools and then get disc information. Post a screen shot of the information. Like this:

Hi again, thanks for getting back to me. Bought the two DVD BR at Wallymart, has the first and second movies in it. As for going to Creator the lap top only came with Cineplayer loaded on it, and it was working fine until my original post, NEXT :)

Hi again, thanks for getting back to me. Bought the two DVD BR at Wallymart, has the first and second movies in it. As for going to Creator the lap top only came with Cineplayer loaded on it, and it was working fine until my original post, NEXT :)

Asked again, does Windows see that player as a BR player? :blink:

As for a repair, you may have to get that from Asus since that may be a OEM modified CinePlayer. Somewhere they gave you a back up so you might want to try doing a repair with that. You will ned to talk to them anyway to see if those updates were for their version. It seems like they were not and there was a mistake made with the download.

I can't find any updates for CinePlayer on the Roxio web site; are you sure it was for that version? Here is the only thing available.

Wherre did you get W7 SP2?

Edited by sknis

I can't find any updates for CinePlayer on the Roxio web site; are you sure it was for that version?

post-97-082223100 1308061229.jpg

post-97-035185500 1308061236.jpg

post-97-082223100 1308061229.jpg

post-97-035185500 1308061236.jpg

Hi Again, I got the W7 SP2 from the Microsoft Update site. Yes the laptop recognizes the BR player and is working properly. See that's the problem the Roxio screen that you show wont come up. I keep getting that original hardware not supported error and then it closes. I have the original driver CD from Asus and will try that this morning.

Hi Again, I got the W7 SP2 from the Microsoft Update site. Yes the laptop recognizes the BR player and is working properly. See that's the problem the Roxio screen that you show wont come up. I keep getting that original hardware not supported error and then it closes. I have the original driver CD from Asus and will try that this morning.

Post a screen shot of this hardware error?

There is nothing on the Asus CD you need!

The best drivers for a optical drive come with a Microsoft Operating system..

All one needs to do is install the drive and let windows do it's thing.

As of June 13, Windows 7 SP2 has not been released. Is that a beta?

CD: I said that I could not find any updates on the Roxio WEB site - did you look there? Top of this page, Support, Software Updates, does not list those updates. Perhaps someone should tell Roxio. :blink::P

CD: I said that I could not find any updates on the Roxio WEB site - did you look there? Top of this page, Support, Software Updates, does not list those updates. Perhaps someone should tell Roxio. :blink::P

No.

Just like V2D Rovi/Roxio want you to use the updater built into the software, instead of posting updates...

The reason they give for V2D is folks download and try to apply the wrong update to their software. :o

Sorry I ment SP1...

Went to the Asus web sight and re-downloaded the program. Still no go on running the BR dvd. Now I get the start up screen back just like the one you posted and went to updates and got the same two previously aforementioned updates. One from last year and one from April of this year but the Blu-Ray critical update that shows on your screen isn't there. Tried to post a screen shot for you but that won't work either. I HATE MS!!! Should I Uninstall and just buy a new copy?

Went to the Asus web sight and re-downloaded the program. Still no go on running the BR dvd.

What program do you think Roxio CinePlayer or your BD Burner needs from Asus to play a BD DVD?

There's a possibility that the Asus OEM version is nobbled in some way and the Roxio updates won't work on it (they're designed for the full retail version)

There's a possibility that the Asus OEM version is nobbled in some way and the Roxio updates won't work on it (they're designed for the full retail version)

What does Roxio CinePlayer updates have to do with a Asus BD Drive?

post-97-049359700 1308181447.jpg

What does Roxio CinePlayer updates have to do with a Asus BD Drive?

From the OP:

"As for going to Creator the lap top only came with Cineplayer loaded on it,"

Hence an OEM version

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR INPUT, but I don't have the time to "F" with it any more. I'll just uninstall the OEM and purchase a full manufactures version and install that. So in the future I'll have the currant updates available B)