Misplaced Installation Disk

OneSlickCookie

Question

Hey guys i have a quick question to ask. I bought Roxio Game Capture Device for consoles and installed it on my little Viao Laptop, everything worked great except that the laptop was well Below the minimum requirements. So I bought a new gateway that is well above the requirements and well thats were my problem starts. I lost the install. disk. I tried moving the files from the Viao to a USB stick and transferring them onto my new computer which worked well until there was a compatibility error. Since my Viao was running Windows XP ( Service Pack 2 ) and my Computer is running Windows 7 there would obviously be an error. So I ran the Launchpad Application in compatibility mode that recommended to use the settings of windows XP ( Service Pack 2 ). I clicked yes, saved the setting and tried running the program. When I double click I get an alert from UAC saying "Do you allow this program to make changes to your computer?" which I hit yes to. Then the program never shows up and that is where I am right now. If anyone has some advice that could get me out of buying another game cap device I would highly appriciate it.

3 answers to this question

If anyone has some advice that could get me out of buying another game cap device I would highly appriciate it.

OneSlickCookie, if you can talk Roxio or the retail place you bought it from, into giving you a free disc? :rolleyes:

Then your SOL, sorry.

Hey guys i have a quick question to ask. I bought Roxio Game Capture Device for consoles and installed it on my little Viao Laptop, everything worked great except that the laptop was well Below the minimum requirements. So I bought a new gateway that is well above the requirements and well thats were my problem starts. I lost the install. disk. I tried moving the files from the Viao to a USB stick and transferring them onto my new computer which worked well until there was a compatibility error. Since my Viao was running Windows XP ( Service Pack 2 ) and my Computer is running Windows 7 there would obviously be an error. So I ran the Launchpad Application in compatibility mode that recommended to use the settings of windows XP ( Service Pack 2 ). I clicked yes, saved the setting and tried running the program. When I double click I get an alert from UAC saying "Do you allow this program to make changes to your computer?" which I hit yes to. Then the program never shows up and that is where I am right now. If anyone has some advice that could get me out of buying another game cap device I would highly appriciate it.

You have the original serial for the RGC program?

If so send me MP.

Claudio