• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio And Visual Issues

dcnewcastl

Question

I have read all the posts and no one seems to be having the exact trouble I am. I seem to capture the video and audio, however each is troubled with an issue. The audio starts out fine then all this static starts, then goes away and starts again, you can hear the voices under the static. The Visual issue is the picture converts great, but there are streaks of like a green strobe light flashing every second or so. I have tried the two different quality settings in the software, and iMovie can't seem to take care of my problem either.

it would be great if you guys would help as I have been at this for 2 days, I am about ready to give up.

thanks

Dave

2 answers to this question

It seems to me that you are encountering some kind of electrical interference during the recording. This can be caused by cables that have poor shielding or there may be loose connections. Are there any motors nearby such as a refrigerator? Turn off any electrical devices including the Mac's Bluetooth and Wifi to check if any of this makes a difference.

It seems to me that you are encountering some kind of electrical interference during the recording. This can be caused by cables that have poor shielding or there may be loose connections. Are there any motors nearby such as a refrigerator? Turn off any electrical devices including the Mac's Bluetooth and Wifi to check if any of this makes a difference.

Thanks, that seems very possible, as my fan in the tower is very loud and always runs, the apple guys said that they don't carry replacement parts for it since its so old, its a G4 power PC with dual 1 gig processors, the motorola ones, pre intel. so it looks like i am out of luck completing this project.