• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Lies

Movie And Sound

Question

Hello every one.

I have a problem. I can't get the original sound in my movie. I have made a movie with my camcorder and I want to put it on a dvd. I use roxio creator 2011.

I have made the movie but it has no sound and I can not find any support in the helpfunction. It is more difficult for me because I am Dutch and I can not find any dutch support on the internet about it. I am a beginner in movie-making.

I have followd the instructions as shown in the program. You can add sound but only for the background. But I want my movie with its own sound.

I hope that anyone has a solution.

Thanks Lies.

13 answers to this question

WHERE do you want this Audio to be?

Some options would be in MyDVD as a repeating background for your Menu screen while waiting for someone to click a button.

As background to a slideshow or movies that you have created, using to to Override any Audio that was in the movies.

You completed a DVD and there is no Audio when you play it.

Or you mean the Audio is missing from the camcorder files you added. (if this when does it go missing)

Hello every one.

I have a problem. I can't get the original sound in my movie. I have made a movie with my camcorder and I want to put it on a dvd. I use roxio creator 2011.

I have made the movie but it has no sound and I can not find any support in the helpfunction. It is more difficult for me because I am Dutch and I can not find any dutch support on the internet about it. I am a beginner in movie-making.

I have followd the instructions as shown in the program. You can add sound but only for the background. But I want my movie with its own sound.

I hope that anyone has a solution.

Thanks Lies.

How did you get video from your camcorder to your PC?

Do you have sound when you play this video using Windows Media Player?

Do you want to add your own sound or do you mean the native sound of your camcorder video is not there in C2011?

List the steps you are doing in detail.

Edit Video Automatically removes the audio track since it is primarily designed to cut your video into short clips. Use Edit Video -Advanced (Video Wave). If you are using Video Wave the it could be the video clips - what camcorder are you usiing and what is the format of the video file -- or - do you have your operating system playback set to play the video on your speakers?

Hello everybody.

What I mean is that I want to have the sound that is origanal on my camcorder. I have made a movie when I was on the steamingine train and boat in the place that I live. The sound that you than hear is the sound that I want to have in my movie.

I have a Canon Alegria 26 camcorder and I have used the Roxio 2011 to get the movie to my laptop and I have also used the normal procedure for camera's, to make sure (in my opinion) that I have not missed the right way. I used both ways to make a movie with Roxio and in both ways I did not have sound.

When I use Windows Movie Maker than I get the origanal sound in the movie.

I am just a bginner with editing movies so when it gets too techical I soon lose track. If that is the correct way of saying. I am also not yet familiar with Roxio creator.

But I want to learn because I did not buy the program and than put it on a shelve.

I asked Roxio also and the answerd that I got was very technical. They even say that I maybe have to close down my firewall and clean up my hard disk. I think that this is a bit too much for me.

My laptop is only 5 months old.

But I hope that you can help me more. I am very glad that you all reacted and have the time for me.

greatings Lies (from the Netherlands)

Hello everybody.

What I mean is that I want to have the sound that is origanal on my camcorder. I have made a movie when I was on the steamingine train and boat in the place that I live. The sound that you than hear is the sound that I want to have in my movie.

I have a Canon Alegria 26 camcorder and I have used the Roxio 2011 to get the movie to my laptop and I have also used the normal procedure for camera's, to make sure (in my opinion) that I have not missed the right way. I used both ways to make a movie with Roxio and in both ways I did not have sound.

When I use Windows Movie Maker than I get the origanal sound in the movie.

I am just a bginner with editing movies so when it gets too techical I soon lose track. If that is the correct way of saying. I am also not yet familiar with Roxio creator.

But I want to learn because I did not buy the program and than put it on a shelve.

I asked Roxio also and the answerd that I got was very technical. They even say that I maybe have to close down my firewall and clean up my hard disk. I think that this is a bit too much for me.

My laptop is only 5 months old.

But I hope that you can help me more. I am very glad that you all reacted and have the time for me.

greatings Lies (from the Netherlands)

First I believe that the camcorder is a Canon Legria 26; not Alegria. It records in the high definition AVCHD format. Roxio should have no problem using that format for video and audio.

You have given us more background information. What we need is for you to tell us what application withing the suite of programs you are trying to use. There are many - Edit Video (which will not allow you to have sound), Edit Video-Advanced which is the preferred application or Create DVD. We cannot give you more information until you tell us what procedure you are using. That has nothng to do with your knowledge of computers. It is simply step by step of what you are doing. With that information, we can offer suggestions.

That camcorder is a memory type camcorder. Did you simply copy the files on the camcorder to your computer?

Will you be trying to make a standard definition video DVD, an AVCHD DVD or a Blu-ray DVD. The AVCHD and the blu-ray can only be played and watched with "special equipement" In both those cases, you would need a blu-ray DVD player and high definition TV to watch them.

Edited by sknis

Hello .

Thank you for your reaction so quick.

You are right it’s a Legria. I simply copy the files from the camcorder to my computer.

And I than used Edith Video and followed the steps.

When it did not have sound I try the Edit video advanced. But I think I used it in the already made movie so maybe than it don’t work.

I did not use Create DVD because I wanted to edit the movie.

In Windows I try it again and there I have a movie with sound. And than I have burned a dvd.

It plays on my laptop and on my dvd-recorder on the television. I don’t think that it is an ARCHD dvd then.

We don’t have Blu-ray dvd or hd-tv.

I can make a step bij step but it will take me some time because I am also working and I will have to make it in my spare time.

The answer I got from Roxio is a knowledgebase article: EVW000011. That is what it says on top of the page. I did not understand it all because I am not that good at thechnical english.

I hope you are a bit wiser .

Thanks Lies.

Hello .

Thank you for your reaction so quick.

You are right it's a Legria. I simply copy the files from the camcorder to my computer.

And I than used Edith Video and followed the steps.

When it did not have sound I try the Edit video advanced. But I think I used it in the already made movie so maybe than it don't work.

I did not use Create DVD because I wanted to edit the movie.

In Windows I try it again and there I have a movie with sound. And than I have burned a dvd.

It plays on my laptop and on my dvd-recorder on the television. I don't think that it is an ARCHD dvd then.

We don't have Blu-ray dvd or hd-tv.

I can make a step bij step but it will take me some time because I am also working and I will have to make it in my spare time.

The answer I got from Roxio is a knowledgebase article: EVW000011. That is what it says on top of the page. I did not understand it all because I am not that good at thechnical english.

I hope you are a bit wiser .

Thanks Lies.

Did you take the movie from Edit Video directly to Edit Video -Advanced or did you output the video file as the same name? If so, that is the problem. Did you try to use "Edit Video-Advanced" on the original file that you copied from the camcorder?

That article simply says that your operating system ( your version of Windows) is not set up correctly. I don't think that is the issue because you have audio using the Windows Movie Maker.

If you anser the above questions about the movie, then you don't need the step by step description for now.

I think that that is what I did. I don’t remember exactly what I have done because at that moment there was no problem , just later on.

The best way is I think that I try the whole thing again but begin directly with Edit Video-Advanced on the original file and while doing so write it down so that I get the step by step on the same time.

And than hopefully I have the sound by the movie, because I think that you are right about the audio.

I am sure that the sound has being copied the same time as I copied the movie. Is there a way you can see that? Does it make an audio-file in the file where the movie is copied?

Greatings Lies.

I think that that is what I did. I don't remember exactly what I have done because at that moment there was no problem , just later on.

The best way is I think that I try the whole thing again but begin directly with Edit Video-Advanced on the original file and while doing so write it down so that I get the step by step on the same time.

And than hopefully I have the sound by the movie, because I think that you are right about the audio.

I am sure that the sound has being copied the same time as I copied the movie. Is there a way you can see that? Does it make an audio-file in the file where the movie is copied?

Greatings Lies.

Afer copying the movie file from the camcorder to your hard drive, use a software media playe (Windows Media Player (WMP) or VLC) to play it. That will tell you if he copied video has audio. Then use Edit video-advanced (Videowave) to make you edits. The Edit video (I think it is also called Cinemagic) removes the audio.

Oke. I will give it a go. And also make my step by step for the next time. Thank you so much for your help. And your time. I don’t know what time it is on your place but here it is 20 min past 8 in the evening. I hope it is not in the middle of the night at your place.

Do I have to close my questioning on the forum or do I leave it this way? I have never been on a forum before.

groetjes Lies.

Oke. I will give it a go. And also make my step by step for the next time. Thank you so much for your help. And your time. I don't know what time it is on your place but here it is 20 min past 8 in the evening. I hope it is not in the middle of the night at your place.

Do I have to close my questioning on the forum or do I leave it this way? I have never been on a forum before.

groetjes Lies.

Leave the thread open so you can continue here if you are still having issues.

Another way of checking if you have the audio is to open Edit Video -Advanced and add the file. Once it is in, select to show /hide tracks. Select native. You will get another track to open. You will have either a straight line about half way up that track or you will have the wave form. If you don't see it but the file plays properly, then it can be another issue relating to you audio card/chip. Do you know what it is?

For those of us in the US, your time zone is backwards. You posted at 1:30 in the afternoon.

Thank you for all the help. I have learned a lot and I will try to put everything in practice. I surtenly will let you know if I made a succesfull movie.

Bye for now. Groetjes Lies.

Hello ??

Here I am again. And I am very happy because I have made my first movie with the origanal sound.In your last answer you said something about the native sound and I have found that line in the Time-line. It was flat and green after I had chosen it. I finished everey thing what I wanted to do in my movie and I made a video of it. Than I burned it on a DVD and it played on my computer and the dvd-player. I have chosen for wide screen so it fitted on our television.

I don't know your name so I have to thank you this way. Thank you for helping me out.

greatings Lies.