• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning

spojaw

Question

I've copied a series of songs (from sample sacred choral cd's) in "Audio cd" and want to burn them on to a disk. There are too many to burn on one cd but I can't find a way to save them. When I go to burn, the message says to "remove" 106 min. But if I do that I lose 6 hours of work. Is there a way to save these? ( I tried to save but the message says they cannot be saved because they were copied from another cd.)

I can't turn off my computer because I'll lose all this work. PLEASE HELP !! Thanks. Sandy

Edited by spojaw

11 answers to this question

I've copied a series of songs (from sample sacred choral cd's) in "Audio cd" and want to burn them on to a disk. There are too many to burn on one cd but I can't find a way to save them. When I go to burn, the message says to "remove" 106 min. But if I do that I lose 6 hours of work. Is there a way to save these? ( I tried to save but the message says they cannot be saved because they were copied from another cd.)

I can't turn off my computer because I'll lose all this work. PLEASE HELP !! Thanks. Sandy

You have not given much information.

What kind of CD to you want to create? An "audio CD" can only hold about 60-70 minutes of audio. A "mp3 CD" on the other hand can hold several hours of audio.

How did you "copy" the songs from the CDs to your hard drive? In what format are they? Do they have the mp3 extension?

I don't understand what you mean by "I lose 6 hours of work"? What work? If they are already on your hard drive why do you want to save them?

You will have to explain better what you want to create and what you are doing. You have to tell us the exact name of the program from the suite you are using.

When you add tracks from a cd then those are staged to a temporary folder.

If you're using Music Disc Creator look under Tools,Options and see what the temp directory is and you may be able to go there and then save the files that are in there.

If you're using Burn Audio cd's from the Home application then try looking in the same place.

Personally I'd use Music Disc Creator.

You have not given much information.

What kind of CD to you want to create? An "audio CD" can only hold about 60-70 minutes of audio. A "mp3 CD" on the other hand can hold several hours of audio.

How did you "copy" the songs from the CDs to your hard drive? In what format are they? Do they have the mp3 extension?

I don't understand what you mean by "I lose 6 hours of work"? What work? If they are already on your hard drive why do you want to save them?

You will have to explain better what you want to create and what you are doing. You have to tell us the exact name of the program from the suite you are using.

----------------------------

1. Audio cd. I understand about the limit of minutes. I thought that when Roxio was burning the cd - it would ask me to insert a second cd-r but instead it tells me to 'remove' the excess songs.

2. I'll check about getting an mp3 cd. I do have 'Switch Sound' converter but can't (or don't know how) to access the song files I copied from cd's to Roxio in order to change their format if they're not mp3.

3. The 'hours of work' involved copying songs from dozens of cd's into Roxio.

4. The program is Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning.

I have about 120 minutes of songs in the one list in 'Audio CD' in Roxio. I though that Roxio would simply tell me to insert a 2d CD during the burning process but instead it tells me to "Remove" the excess songs (half the list) and I don't want to lost those songs from Roxio.

Sandy

When you add tracks from a cd then those are staged to a temporary folder.

If you're using Music Disc Creator look under Tools,Options and see what the temp directory is and you may be able to go there and then save the files that are in there.

If you're using Burn Audio cd's from the Home application then try looking in the same place.

Personally I'd use Music Disc Creator.

------------------

My problem is that the temp. files are in 'Audio Cd" and I don't know how to access them from anywhere else in Roxio in order to save the. . If I search in Music Disc creator, I can't find these files in Computer/Program Files/Roxio - I've searched throughout Roxio.

Thanks,

Sandy

----------------------------

1. Audio cd. I understand about the limit of minutes. I thought that when Roxio was burning the cd - it would ask me to insert a second cd-r but instead it tells me to 'remove' the excess songs.

2. I'll check about getting an mp3 cd. I do have 'Switch Sound' converter but can't (or don't know how) to access the song files I copied from cd's to Roxio in order to change their format if they're not mp3.

3. The 'hours of work' involved copying songs from dozens of cd's into Roxio.

4. The program is Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning.

I have about 120 minutes of songs in the one list in 'Audio CD' in Roxio. I though that Roxio would simply tell me to insert a 2d CD during the burning process but instead it tells me to "Remove" the excess songs (half the list) and I don't want to lost those songs from Roxio.

Sandy

You did not answer these questions "How did you "copy" the songs from the CDs to your hard drive? In what format are they? Do they have the mp3 extension?"

"Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning. " is not a program but a suite of programs. Which program from the suite did you use to copy the CDs? To where on your hard drive did you copy them?

You cannot create spanned "audio CDs".

BTW, if you want to reply to a post and include the post as a quote, then click on Reply and type your text after the quoted text.

Sandy,

please have a look at THIS TOPIC.

If you "rip" each of the songs you want to your hard drive as WAV files, then they are individually "saved".

You can then use Easy Audio CD to select the tracks which will fit on one CD. After you've burned that, use the same program to select the contents for the next disc, and so on.

You can get up to 80 minutes on a 700 MB CD, or 74 minutes on one of the old 650MB CDs.

Regards,

Brendon

Somehow I wasn't able to reply.

Hi Brendon,

1. I read the information you suggested. I did not know about having to save them in a certain format. Since I did not do that, am I unable to split them up?

1. I put the cd in the D drive, Roxio opened, I click on Audio Cd, selected the track and it copied the song. I did not know to go to 'options' so whatever default format Roxio uses is the one they're in. The songs are copied IN Roxio and I cannot find them when I search the computer. What I want to do is save these copies so I can split them up to put some on each cd. The way it is now, I have to 'remove' (delete) all but the 60 or so minutes of songs in order to burn the first set.

You recommended (I think it was you) using "Music Disc Creator." Is there a way to move these copies (I can't find them anywhere else other than in Easy Audio CD) to this area or another in order to save them?

Thanks,

Sandy

Somehow I wasn't able to reply.

Hi Brendon,

1. I read the information you suggested. I did not know about having to save them in a certain format. Since I did not do that, am I unable to split them up?

1. I put the cd in the D drive, Roxio opened, I click on Audio Cd, selected the track and it copied the song. I did not know to go to 'options' so whatever default format Roxio uses is the one they're in. The songs are copied IN Roxio and I cannot find them when I search the computer. What I want to do is save these copies so I can split them up to put some on each cd. The way it is now, I have to 'remove' (delete) all but the 60 or so minutes of songs in order to burn the first set.

You recommended (I think it was you) using "Music Disc Creator." Is there a way to move these copies (I can't find them anywhere else other than in Easy Audio CD) to this area or another in order to save them?

Thanks,

Sandy

Your post is merged with this original thread. What happened when you clicked on the reply button to reply to Brendon's post?

Hello Sandy,

1. I put the cd in the D drive, Roxio opened, I click on Audio Cd, selected the track and it copied the song. I did not know to go to 'options' so whatever default format Roxio uses is the one they're in. The songs are copied IN Roxio and I cannot find them when I search the computer.

If you have exited from Easy Audio CD, or you've turned your computer off, then those songs you read in to Easy Audio CD have gone.

The way that program works is that it will read the selected tracks from your various audio CDs, and save them as temporary files on the hard drive.

You burn your CD and then exit the program, and it automatically deletes the temporary files.

If you don't burn them but go to exit the program anyway, you'll get a warning notice. Did you see this notice?

post-208-067925000 1308459605.jpg

-if you tell it "no" and exit the program then your songs are gone. The only way they might still be on the hard drive is

[1] you haven't turned the machine off

and

[2] Easy Audio CD has been kept running ever since you read the songs in off their CDs.

In Windows XP the temporary files are normally saved in C:\Documents and Settings\%owner%\Local Settings\Temp\ where you replace %owner% with your own account name on your computer. If you need the location for Windows 7 I can go install the suite there and look for you if necessary.

My three tracks were saved as PXW4.tmp.wav, PXW5.tmp.wav and PXW6.tmp.wav, so yours should look something similar only finishing in .MP3 since that's the default that Easy CD and DVD Burning uses.

The default "save" file type can be changed from MP3 [which is lossy] to a lossless format such as WAV or FLAC by clicking on the Options button, changing the type in the pop-up box, and then clicking OK.

post-208-043223500 1308460356.jpg

Now if your temporarily saved songs have gone as I suspect, you'll need to start again, I'm afraid. I think the method I gave you to RIP and then later BURN is better than temporary storage for the reasons you've already found out.

If you find that there are somehow still some PXWx.tmp.mp3 temporary files in that directory, or you have further questions to ask about this, please get back to me.

Regards,

Brendon.

Thanks to all (esp. Brendon) who tried to help with my issue. I was unable to find the files of audio clips copied in "audio cd" but after re-doing the work in Music Creator - they were as I was told - in "Music". I appreciated your time in responding. Music Creator was a good suggestion.

Sandy T.