• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

carlnlisa

Windows Installer Tries To Re-Install/configure Cineplayer

Question

Every time I browse to a folder on my PC that has some kind of video file, I get a Windows Installer box asking to install/configure CinePlayer. It goes thru the motions and finally ends up looking for the file CP.msi. I purchased Roxio 2010 as a download, so the installer file no longer exists.

Im running Windows XP Professional (please dont snicker)

Ive tried associating Windows Media Player with .wav files and other type- but it doesnt seem to help. regardless of whether Cineplayer is the 'recommended application' for the file type- I get this install box.

Please help.

Thanks.

Lisa

8 answers to this question

I am experiencing the same issue with a purchased download of Creator 2011. I am running Win XP Pro 32bit. 4gb ram 3.0 core 2 duo Processor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased Roxio 2010 as a download, so the installer file no longer exists.

You didn't save, backup, or burn it to disc?

Extract the download, look in the CinePlayer_53 folder and you will find the CP.MSI it's looking for.

post-97-039565900 1311087318.jpg

post-97-065589100 1311087323.jpg

I resolved the very same issue with my Creator 2011 by installing service pack 1. Is there a service pack for Creator 2010?

You didn't save, backup, or burn it to disc?

Extract the download, look in the CinePlayer_53 folder and you will find the CP.MSI it's looking for.

post-97-039565900 1311087318.jpg

post-97-065589100 1311087323.jpg

and how do you do that when service pack 1 is installed? Contrary to the original installation media, the sp1 installation media seems to be crypted in some way, ie. no individual files can be identified (such as cp.msi)and the original cp.msi is not accepted which most likely means there is a new version buried in the sp 1 media which can't be accessed. Would appreciate a solution since this '..configuring cineplayer...' issue where it looks for cp.msi is really really annoying.

thx

/MD

and how do you do that when service pack 1 is installed? Contrary to the original installation media, the sp1 installation media seems to be crypted in some way, ie. no individual files can be identified (such as cp.msi)and the original cp.msi is not accepted which most likely means there is a new version buried in the sp 1 media which can't be accessed. Would appreciate a solution since this '..configuring cineplayer...' issue where it looks for cp.msi is really really annoying.

thx

/MD

Forget about SP1!

Look in the CinePlayer_53 folder and you will find the CP.MSI it's looking for.

Yes, forget SP1. It doesn't contain the .MSI file. [it isn't encrypted - you can look in it with 7-Zip.]

MAD, if yours won't accept the original .MSI file then you're probably better off doing a complete uninstall/clean/reinstall of creator 2010.

Yes, forget SP1. It doesn't contain the .MSI file. [it isn't encrypted - you can look in it with 7-Zip.]

MAD, if yours won't accept the original .MSI file then you're probably better off doing a complete uninstall/clean/reinstall of creator 2010.

exactly the problem,it says that the original cp.msi is not the right one, something i can understand since SP1 did update cineplayer. Well,SP1 (at least the one I have) is kind of encrypted, such as you don't see the files you would expect, obviously i looked into, of course using 7-zip (which is a good friend :-)

see attached pic, that's what i see when opening sp1 with 7-zip, all .dif files, no way to find the right one, in fact those maybe are patch files to modify directly the installed files....

well, looks like uninstall/re-install :-(

thx

/MD

post-86784-093108700 1312566258.png