Output from Videowave

compsos

Question

I am a EMC newbie attempting to create a DVD for playback on DVD players connected to TVs or built-in. I am using Videowave to add photos and video clips. The video that I made clips from originally came from a TS_Video folder (VOB fies) that I used Disc Copier to create AVI files from. I then trimmed the AVI file using Video Trimmer.

I am doing a test output on a Production that is made of 4 photos and (1) 1:30 (one minute 30 second)video clip. Total duration of production is 2 minutes 3 seconds.

In Videowave I chose the "output as" icon in the Preview window.

Destination=Video file;

Purpose = DVD Playback;

Video file quality= MPEG-2 for DVD,best quality;

File Name=whatever.

I then clicked "create Video file" in the Output box. A "render" screen popped up showing progress of creating an MPEG file. The progress bar has gone to completion but after 25 minutes it still shows zeros for the "completed" and is just sitting there.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 answer to this question

I am a EMC newbie attempting to create a DVD for playback on DVD players connected to TVs or built-in. I am using Videowave to add photos and video clips. The video that I made clips from originally came from a TS_Video folder (VOB fies) that I used Disc Copier to create AVI files from. I then trimmed the AVI file using Video Trimmer.

I am doing a test output on a Production that is made of 4 photos and (1) 1:30 (one minute 30 second)video clip. Total duration of production is 2 minutes 3 seconds.

In Videowave I chose the "output as" icon in the Preview window.

Destination=Video file;

Purpose = DVD Playback;

Video file quality= MPEG-2 for DVD,best quality;

File Name=whatever.

I then clicked "create Video file" in the Output box. A "render" screen popped up showing progress of creating an MPEG file. The progress bar has gone to completion but after 25 minutes it still shows zeros for the "completed" and is just sitting there.

Am I doing something wrong?

From what I can see you seem to be doing everything correctly. Perhaps the problem is with one of the photos or clips you are adding. Since your production is only a couple of minutes at most, perhaps you could start with only one clip and output. If that works add the next clip, etc until you run into the problem.

The way you are going about learning EMC 8 is excellent. It is much better to start with short, simple projects instead of jumpng into a major 2 hour video production, having it fail and then wonder what went wrong.

Perhaps you could also list your system specs, especially video card.

Archived