Will My Computer Work With This?

xSpectrum

Question

I'm thinking about buying a Roxio Game Capture, but I don't want to buy one yet if my computer isn't fast enough for it. I have an Intel Celeron Processor @2.3GHz and 3GB of RAM (and 8 GB of ReadyBoost drives). Will my capturing be laggy or will my audio/video be out of sync? If this is the case, will installing 1 more GB of RAM help? Thank you in advance!

3 answers to this question

Check this.

Claudio

Thank you so much! I figured out my computer IS in fact fast enough to handle capturing. However, one thing that bothered me was that with the capture card I was using to test this out (an Easycap), the audio lagged behind a couple seconds. For example, in the video I would shoot, but the actual sound of the gun firing didn't come until about 2 or 3 seconds later. I'm not sure if this is a problem w/the Easycap or if it is my computer?

Thank you so much! I figured out my computer IS in fact fast enough to handle capturing. However, one thing that bothered me was that with the capture card I was using to test this out (an Easycap), the audio lagged behind a couple seconds. For example, in the video I would shoot, but the actual sound of the gun firing didn't come until about 2 or 3 seconds later. I'm not sure if this is a problem w/the Easycap or if it is my computer?

Its a normal in easycap. Try manage sync audio options:

Capture tab, Timing:

puy6V.jpg

Make some tests and reply here.

Claudio

Edited by Cauptain