Unable To Burn Dvd

Ellusiv

Question

I am using Windows XP sp3.

So when I open MyDVD, add my avi movie, select a menu style and hit burn, it encodes the movie and encodes the menus but then fails at around 98% overall completion with the following error:

EventType : BEX P1 : VideoWave13.exe P2 : 8.0.0.47 P3 : 4c776a48

P4 : LVM.dll P5 : 13.3.1.20 P6 : 4c444f61 P7 : 00023513

P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

Let me know if you need more information or if you have any suggestions. I am going to update my video driver and directX to see if it helps.

5 answers to this question

I am using Windows XP sp3.

So when I open MyDVD, add my avi movie, select a menu style and hit burn, it encodes the movie and encodes the menus but then fails at around 98% overall completion with the following error:

EventType : BEX P1 : VideoWave13.exe P2 : 8.0.0.47 P3 : 4c776a48

P4 : LVM.dll P5 : 13.3.1.20 P6 : 4c444f61 P7 : 00023513

P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

Let me know if you need more information or if you have any suggestions. I am going to update my video driver and directX to see if it helps.

How long did you wait after getting the non-responding error. That 98 % is bogus and is just there to make people feel good. Some people have had to wait much longer.to see the didc burned.

Have you tried to burn the project to an Image File or to a Folder Set? Those are the other two options in the burn dialog box. See if they will complete. If so, open Video Copy and Convert to the copy options and then brun the ISO or folder set to your disc.

I tried burning an ISO but for some reason the ISO was unusable. I tried to mount it and got an error and when I tried to use Video Copy and Convert but it wouldnt use the ISO for some reason. It wouldnt let me select it.

The iso did complete? It would help if you specified the error messages you are getting. What do you mean by "It wouldnt let me select it"? Please try to be more descriptive. What really happens?

Have you tried playing the iso using the VLC media player.? If you do not have download it from the web: www.videolan.org. All you do is drag the iso file and drop it on the VLC icon on the desktop. No need to mount any virtual player.

OK so I went to recreate the problem and the ISO was created successfully this time and I also successfully burned it to a DVD. Does that mean I will have to use this method from now on? And is there any way I can increase the quality? When I played the DVD it was kind of grainy.

OK so I went to recreate the problem and the ISO was created successfully this time and I also successfully burned it to a DVD. Does that mean I will have to use this method from now on? And is there any way I can increase the quality? When I played the DVD it was kind of grainy.

When you go to set up the MyDVD project, make sure you select the best quality available for encoding. Never put more than 1 hour of video on a DVD; any more than that, the quality is decreased. You are making a video that is standard definition so it is 720 by 480 (or the PAL equivalent). If you want better than you have to make a AVCHD disc (40 minutes max) or a blu-ray disc. Both of these only play on your blu-ray player.

Yes, what you are doing is best practices and will give you a good burn. How much time do you waste if you did a encode and direct burn to disc and it fails?