• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Runtime Problem On Boot-Up A ? Link To Dead Dvd Re-Writer

xaniacomputing

Question

Every time I boot up, I get the error message as attached:

In addition, my main SATA DVD drive has locked inasmuch that it thinks it still has a DVD in the drive. The desk top icon shows a previous DVD and the player refuses to recognise that a DVD is waiting to be read. However, when I first boot up I get a message which indicates that the DVD in the drive is not bootable (when there is no DVD present). I have confirmed that the drive is live - the eject option on right-click is working. I have tried removing the driver and rebooting and this also has failed to resolve that particular problem. Given that both problems arose at the same time, I feel they are probably linked.

Unfortunately, when I try to post this error to the Roxio service desk, the system refuses to accept it.

How can I get the report to the service desk or can anyone else help me solve this problem, please.

Roxio error screen.bmp

5 answers to this question

Every time I boot up, I get the error message as attached:

In addition, my main SATA DVD drive has locked inasmuch that it thinks it still has a DVD in the drive. The desk top icon shows a previous DVD and the player refuses to recognise that a DVD is waiting to be read. However, when I first boot up I get a message which indicates that the DVD in the drive is not bootable (when there is no DVD present). I have confirmed that the drive is live - the eject option on right-click is working. I have tried removing the driver and rebooting and this also has failed to resolve that particular problem. Given that both problems arose at the same time, I feel they are probably linked.

Unfortunately, when I try to post this error to the Roxio service desk, the system refuses to accept it.

How can I get the report to the service desk or can anyone else help me solve this problem, please.

You posted in the Easy Media Creator 10 part of the forum. Is that what you have? Other possibilities are Creator 2010 or an OEM version that is named something like Creator 10.x DE (X=1,2,3). There is a lot of difference and therefore many possible solutions.

What DVD icon are ytou talking about? Post a screen shot is the easy way of letting us know.

You posted in the Easy Media Creator 10 part of the forum. Is that what you have? Other possibilities are Creator 2010 or an OEM version that is named something like Creator 10.x DE (X=1,2,3). There is a lot of difference and therefore many possible solutions.

What DVD icon are ytou talking about? Post a screen shot is the easy way of letting us know.

I think I have solved the problem for myself. I have a program running which appears to have caused RoxWatch10.exe to stop loading on bootup. I have now undated that program and - error message gone. Also my desktop icon for the DVD drive has reset itself now so all I have to do next is try to repair the driver.

Thanks for trying to help.

I think I have solved the problem for myself. I have a program running which appears to have caused RoxWatch10.exe to stop loading on bootup. I have now undated that program and - error message gone. Also my desktop icon for the DVD drive has reset itself now so all I have to do next is try to repair the driver.

Thanks for trying to help.

Which program? For future reference.

The program is called Soluto - it analyses the programs starting up at boot-up to try to reduce boot-up time. However, you have to be careful what you stop loading and I think I may have fallen foul of this sa the problem went when this program updated.

I have used and recommended that program to many people. Yes, you do need to be careful and understand what you disable. It is =more forgiving and helpful than if you did the same thing through msconfig.