Cauptain

Ultimate Roxio Game Capture Guide

Question

Hello everybody,

I've been following the launch RGC and your problems.

Personally I never had any problems, but there are a number of people who unfortunately had problems.

My purpose is to help these people trying to solve the problems.

I'll do a walkthrough of everything you need to run this card in any computer.

This is a topic under construction and will always be updated by me and by those who want to help.

Warning:

Everything described here, isn´t officially supported by Roxio. There is a no responsibility of the Roxio group

INDEX:

1 - Legend

2 - Download necessary softwares.

3 - Install softwares

4 - How to configure your computer

5 - How to configure RGC

6 - How to record with RGC (UPDATED - 26.06.2011)

7 - How to edit files with videowave software

8 - How to encode for Youtube

9 - Erros and problems

TOPIC UNDER CONSTRUCTION - (1st update - 26/06/2011)

Edited by Cauptain
  • Like 2

wen u record with amarec the file size is far to big how do u record with a smaller file size so easier to upload to youtube

Hi Ding,

No recorder.

My capture files are bigger really. After this, use Virtualdub to filters, save AVI and finally encode to RIPBOT264 to Youtube.

Claudio

PS: 30/31 July my new tutorial is UP.

Edited by Cauptain

i am having some serious problems getting this to work im not to familar with all these adjusting settings so if u could please help me a little more i downloaded everything but i dont know if it is working correctly or if it is that im just doing the settings a little wrong so if you could please just go on teamviewer with me I would greatly appreciate it please and uh message me back at my email-petejiinx@yahoo.com or aim me if u have that at-thehittman57 please respond back i need help with this its frustrating that i spent the money on this roxio game capture and they give us a crappy software to record with

i am having some serious problems getting this to work im not to familar with all these adjusting settings so if u could please help me a little more i downloaded everything but i dont know if it is working correctly or if it is that im just doing the settings a little wrong so if you could please just go on teamviewer with me I would greatly appreciate it please and uh message me back at my email-petejiinx@yahoo.com or aim me if u have that at-thehittman57 please respond back i need help with this its frustrating that i spent the money on this roxio game capture and they give us a crappy software to record with

Hello JiinX,

I apologize for the delay in answering you. It was a lot of work today.

Claudio

Edited by cdanteek

hey can you help me ive looked over this turtorial alot of times and need to know where to put the files cause i cant get my ffds to show up in the codecs when i push update codec list and it doesnt show up what can i do i need help

hey can you help me ive looked over this turtorial alot of times and need to know where to put the files cause i cant get my ffds to show up in the codecs when i push update codec list and it doesnt show up what can i do i need help

Hi 88hdb,

Check your DirectX. Need is updated.

Get latest FFDSHOW version (If use Windows 64 bits is necessary install 32 and 64 bits):

32 bits: FFDSHOW (X86)

64 bits: FFDSHOW (X64)

Download and install. After this configure like this:

e6vqt.jpg

RVDS7.jpg

sWMrI.jpg

Claudio

6 - How to record with RGC

Hello guys,

Here I will teach you how to configure the program AMARECTV with the RGC.

Currently he is the best program to watch and record. I will use the DV codec

to capture it works on any computer.

Just set exactly as in the shots in PDF.

Necessary Softwares:

Installation & configurations:

Tutorial PDF

Config FFDSHOW to view .AVI files in all editors

PAL USERS CONFIGS ONLY

NETBOOK ACER 410 - Celeron @1.2ghz ONLY.

Software used: AMARECTV - 60FPS to view + 30FPS to record = PERFECT RECORD (record in battery mode yet)B)

oqpq4.jpg

When I try to hit play on AmaRecTV it tells me that I need to install "AMV Video Codec Ver 3.00h" So I go to their homepage but It tells me I have to buy it for 10$. Is there some where that I can get it for free?

before you watch it turn your volume down alright i did everything as best i could according to this guide and my video is lagging all over the place skipping alot of parts and the audio was pretty loud when i listend to it does anyone have an explanation as to why the video skips like this i could care less about the audio but when i record something i want the whole thing not just half of it please help me Edited by 88hdb

Hey Cauptain

I followed this tutorial and I am having a problem with the capture. I have created a new topic since my post contains screenshots and would have been too long to post it here as a reply.

Please look into the problem I have and suggest possible solutions. The link to my topic is: http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/76705-distorted-video-problem/

Thanks a lot :)

before you watch it turn your volume down alright i did everything as best i could according to this guide and my video is lagging all over the place skipping alot of parts and the audio was pretty loud when i listend to it does anyone have an explanation as to why the video skips like this i could care less about the audio but when i record something i want the whole thing not just half of it please help me

Sorry for delay in response 88hdb.

I have noticed that some people have achieved better results using virtualdub to record.

I suggest you try the tutorial below and post any test ok?

Tip: Using Huffyuv or UT Video Codec or Lagarith to record

Virtualdub Tutorial: Caupture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlBrRpKzIyg

Virtualdub Tutorial: Resize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbRq5yoJqFs

Claudio

I read through all 2 pages and nobody seems to be having the same problem as me, I done everything that was said (Except the codec choice as it was not an option on the list for me) but I get this error. (See attachments)

Anyone what a fix?

post-98100-057382800 1313957742.jpg

Edited by hammy78

I read through all 2 pages and nobody seems to be having the same problem as me, I done everything that was said (Except the codec choice as it was not an option on the list for me) but I get this error. (See attachments)

Anyone what a fix?

Do you use 64bits OS??

If correct try VIRTUALDUB64 bits. If work probably you will make a new fresh install. I have this problem 2x. Only format and install to solve.

Claudio

Tomorrow I will upload a myself LITE version of an old freeware software but very efficient in capturing with RGC.

After several tests I could see that it will work for all types of computers, even with lower clock netbooks.

It records in MPEG2 (YES, finally) which many peoples will like and have a very good image quality.

Claudio

Your Windows is 64bits? If YES, get a FFDSHOW 64bits version and install.

On AmarecTV click in UPDATE CODEC LIST and select the codec.

Config correctly resolution on AmarecTV:

NTSC: w= 720, h= 480, fps=30,00, fcc=YUY2, bit=16

PAL: w= 720, h= 576, fps=25,00, fcc=YUY2, bit=16

Claudio

Hi Claudio

If you try to put those settings into amarectv for pal it will not let you have tried this on many occasions im starting to think the rgc is not very good for the european or PAL market :( It gives you the pin out error that hammy78 has posted a pic of!

Best Regards

David

Hi Claudio

If you try to put those settings into amarectv for pal it will not let you have tried this on many occasions im starting to think the rgc is not very good for the european or PAL market :( It gives you the pin out error that hammy78 has posted a pic of!

Best Regards

David

I had this problem yesterday while I was playing around with AmarecTV. I too have a PAL Xbox and the error is due to the resolution you select:

If you have a PAL Xbox and choose the PAL settings it will give you that pin out error, if you change it to the NTSC settings it will work. It does seem there are issues with PAL xbox settings as even on the Roxio Capture Software you still need to select NTSC instead of PAL for it to work.

I had this problem yesterday while I was playing around with AmarecTV. I too have a PAL Xbox and the error is due to the resolution you select:

If you have a PAL Xbox and choose the PAL settings it will give you that pin out error, if you change it to the NTSC settings it will work. It does seem there are issues with PAL xbox settings as even on the Roxio Capture Software you still need to select NTSC instead of PAL for it to work.

Hello guys,

All settings posted by me have NTSC consoles based.

For PAL consoles all information discovery, please, share. I will add to the tutorial

Emuholic, thanks for news infos.

Claudio

All the information for the NTSC setup appears to work fine for PAL xbox so there is no real problem as such. I have not tried AmarecTV in great detail yet, so I cant comment on the capturing side, i.e. if the recordings show in the correct aspect ratio.

I am interested in the 'ROXIO GAME CAPTURE [sD2HD] - SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV' video you posted Cauptain. The quality looks very impressive! Are you planning to do a guide on how you get those results?

All the information for the NTSC setup appears to work fine for PAL xbox so there is no real problem as such. I have not tried AmarecTV in great detail yet, so I cant comment on the capturing side, i.e. if the recordings show in the correct aspect ratio.

I am interested in the 'ROXIO GAME CAPTURE [sD2HD] - SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV' video you posted Cauptain. The quality looks very impressive! Are you planning to do a guide on how you get those results?

Surely emuholic.

My idea is to teach people how to get great videos.

Some days I'll post this tutorial, the delay is because it involves programs like avisynth, virtualdub, scripts ...

If you want I can send you my incomplete tutorial for you test and tell me what you think.

PM ok?

Claudio

As promised, I make avaliable the Video-Tutorial for VHCapture software (freeware), as well as download it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOJI3NI1sso

I hope that you enjoy.

Any questions, just post

Claudio

Edited by cdanteek

Surely emuholic.

My idea is to teach people how to get great videos.

Some days I'll post this tutorial, the delay is because it involves programs like avisynth, virtualdub, scripts ...

If you want I can send you my incomplete tutorial for you test and tell me what you think.

PM ok?

Claudio

PM is fine, I can't promise I will be able to try it straight away as it sounds quite long to do. I have a busy week but I should have time on Sunday if I can not try it sooner. Thanks.

Thank you Claudio for the guide. Can you upload a video for the results on using the program? I want to see the final product, thank you.

*I'm also having a problem with the audio. The audio seems to have volume set to max and is hard to listen to... Will using these programs fix this?

Edited by talltan

Thank you Claudio for the guide. Can you upload a video for the results on using the program? I want to see the final product, thank you.

*I'm also having a problem with the audio. The audio seems to have volume set to max and is hard to listen to... Will using these programs fix this?

Hello talltan,

I have good news about the audio. I have found a register where I change the volume of the RGC on REGEDIT. Still in the testing phase, but I guarantee that is good thing.

Later I'll upload a SF3rd Online video using VHCapture.

Claudio

PM is fine, I can't promise I will be able to try it straight away as it sounds quite long to do. I have a busy week but I should have time on Sunday if I can not try it sooner. Thanks.

look your PM!!!

Claudio

HELP MEE PLEZ ! :( Hi I have a problem when the Engage program Roxio Game Hapetr

When I click the blue button tells me:

Resized to 70% (was 1280 x 800) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

+

Resized to 70% (was 1280 x 800) - Click image to enlargePosted Image

Help me please

- - -

I use Google Translator

- - - - --

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/76832-erooor/page__gopid__384385#entry384385

Okay I'm using AmarecTV with my AVerTV HD DVR. I'm having issues with the occasional dropped frame.

I have a SSD with my OS and all my applications installed on it, and I have a 640 GB WD Black Caviar HDD that I'm recording on.

Here are some screen shots. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated. This frame drop really bothers me. If there's any tricks I don't know I'd really like to.

a1.png

a2.png

a3.png

a4.png

a5.png

a6.png

a7.png

a8.png