Cauptain

Ultimate Roxio Game Capture Guide

Question

Hello everybody,

I've been following the launch RGC and your problems.

Personally I never had any problems, but there are a number of people who unfortunately had problems.

My purpose is to help these people trying to solve the problems.

I'll do a walkthrough of everything you need to run this card in any computer.

This is a topic under construction and will always be updated by me and by those who want to help.

Warning:

Everything described here, isn´t officially supported by Roxio. There is a no responsibility of the Roxio group

INDEX:

1 - Legend

2 - Download necessary softwares.

3 - Install softwares

4 - How to configure your computer

5 - How to configure RGC

6 - How to record with RGC (UPDATED - 26.06.2011)

7 - How to edit files with videowave software

8 - How to encode for Youtube

9 - Erros and problems

TOPIC UNDER CONSTRUCTION - (1st update - 26/06/2011)

Edited by Cauptain
  • Like 2

Okay I'm using AmarecTV with my AVerTV HD DVR. I'm having issues with the occasional dropped frame.

I have a SSD with my OS and all my applications installed on it, and I have a 640 GB WD Black Caviar HDD that I'm recording on.

Here are some screen shots. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated. This frame drop really bothers me. If there's any tricks I don't know I'd really like to.

Hi 'NickMunro,

First at all. NEVER use oldest PIC MJPEG codec.

Based in your screenshots have NO FRAMESKIP / DROPPED FRAME ok? Look in AMARECTV status bar DROP [(0, (+)0, (-)0] = 0 frame dropped.

For AverTV HD use 3 codecs only. In my order prefer:

1 - UT VIDEO CODEC (ULY2)

2 - LAGARITH (convert to YUY2)

3 - HUFFYUV (convert to YUY2)

For GRAPH 1 DEVICE use this: *w=1280, h=720, fps= 60.00, fcc=YUY2, bit= 16 - In RECORDING tab set : FRAME RATE = 60.

Please, post your config . Use SPECCY software for this.

Try and reply.

PS: use [*spoiler][/spoiler*] for screenshots (remove * to work)

PS2: Because that exclusive ROXIO devices forum, I will reply all doubts via e-mail ok? Send your questions for or post your e-mail.

Claudio

Edited by cdanteek

Just to add from my experience!

Whatever you do, do NOT choose 720 x 480 …

Use 853 x 480 resolution instead since it has the correct proportions. I have an eye for such things and I can see that all videos posted here are 'squished'. :)

So yes. Use 854 (width) x 480 (height) resolution.

Thank you so much for the tutorial.

I have followed all the steps to get this setup and it appears to be working, however, i cannot find where the recorded files are being saved to?

I actually followed the wonderful guide for the VH Capture and it works and sounds so much better. Thanks Claudio!

6 - How to record with RGC

Hello guys,

Here I will teach you how to configure the program AMARECTV with the RGC.

Currently he is the best program to watch and record. I will use the DV codec

to capture it works on any computer.

Just set exactly as in the shots in PDF.

Necessary Softwares:

Installation & configurations:

Tutorial PDF

Config FFDSHOW to view .AVI files in all editors

PAL USERS CONFIGS ONLY

NETBOOK ACER 410 - Celeron @1.2ghz ONLY.

Software used: AMARECTV - 60FPS to view + 30FPS to record = PERFECT RECORD (record in battery mode yet)B)

oqpq4.jpg

Hello, i am having a lot of issues with my RGC software and with AmarecTV, because when ever i open that software and i try to click the capture option, the little loading thing comes up, but then my computer crashes. So i tried AmarecTV and i set up my config almost exactly as you did in your pdf. file, and it worked like a charm, no lag, no anything for a while, then i shut of my computer and the next day when i return, it gives me these errors "DV only supports 720x480 or 720x576" and then "Error, ICCompressBegin". I play in 1080i on my ps3 and i heard someone say that you have to play on 408i to record with AmarecTV. but whenever i try that, i can't get any sort of preview, its is blury and frozen and then i get very low frames. Help, Please! I'm Begging you! Also if you need any screeshots, specs (there not amazing, ill tell you that right now) ect. just ask. Thanks if your read this and Thanks you sosososp much if you figure out the problem and can fix it. Also i will be updating to Windows 7, 64 bit very soon (within this week). THANKS!

• Like 1

Went through the tutorial and when i got to Amarec TV configure on the Recording tab ffdsshow Video Codec doesn't show up after I update did I miss something. I did download and install the ffdshow in the link you provided.

UPDATE: re-downloaded FFDS and its working never mind

Edited by Snowboard0277

Hello, i am having a lot of issues with my RGC software and with AmarecTV, because when ever i open that software and i try to click the capture option, the little loading thing comes up, but then my computer crashes. So i tried AmarecTV and i set up my config almost exactly as you did in your pdf. file, and it worked like a charm, no lag, no anything for a while, then i shut of my computer and the next day when i return, it gives me these errors "DV only supports 720x480 or 720x576" and then "Error, ICCompressBegin". I play in 1080i on my ps3 and i heard someone say that you have to play on 408i to record with AmarecTV. but whenever i try that, i can't get any sort of preview, its is blury and frozen and then i get very low frames. Help, Please! I'm Begging you! Also if you need any screeshots, specs (there not amazing, ill tell you that right now) ect. just ask. Thanks if your read this and Thanks you sosososp much if you figure out the problem and can fix it. Also i will be updating to Windows 7, 64 bit very soon (within this week). THANKS!

Just to add from my experience!

Whatever you do, do NOT choose 720 x 480 …

Use 853 x 480 resolution instead since it has the correct proportions. I have an eye for such things and I can see that all videos posted here are 'squished'. :)

So yes. Use 854 (width) x 480 (height) resolution.

Hello Hammid,

Thanks for share your exp. but I already explained why not use a resolution of 864x480 or 1024x576 in video capture.

Simply because this resolution is via SOFTWARE, no HARDWARE. Ugly mode to get 16x9 Aspect Ratio

Therefore I speak to record at 720x480/576 and then resize to 848, 852, 854 x 480 or 1024x576 (some codecs do not work with 853)

Look my video showing how to RESIZE in my tutorial.

Claudio

Dude could you please reply to my post? the one that goes:

Dude could you please reply to my post? the one that goes:

Hello Blizzard121,

The ICC error can be easily fixed if you set the correct resolution of 720x480 (NTSC) and 720x576 for PAL.

If it still goes wrong, I suggest changing the codec used. Try UT VIDEO CODEC , it does not have this restriction.

Low FPS that seems wrong with the video setup. In this case, I ask you to take pictures of your setup (all tabs) of AMARECTV.

To facilitate contact me: cauptain@gmail.com

I'm preparing an update to my tutorial, and I can test with you.

Anything, just talk

Claudio

Edited by Cauptain

I am trying to do a screencast of my iPad and was hoping I could do it with the roxio game capture but so far no luck. The iPad signal makes it to the tv unscrambled but it is royaly messed up on my lap top.

Is what I am trying possible or should I just give up?

Hello my friend Claudio, my last video, my channel have more Uncharted 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD5m6fBgrO4

Hello x-games,

Wow...Awesome quality. Amazing capture. Nice colors correction. Oustanding visual scene.

Have anymore U3 videos?? Post here for other users know RGC quality.

Claudio

I have problems with the audio.

it sounds really bad as if there was 2 audios recording at the same time?

any ideas?

Edited by Oscar23

As promised, I make avaliable the Video-Tutorial for VHCapture software (freeware), as well as download it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOJI3NI1sso

I hope that you enjoy.

Any questions, just post

Claudio

Yes, Do you know of a good free VOB to AVI converter i have had the best of luck with VHCapture now i just need a good program to covert it down to smaller file sizes and to avi format for youtube uploads

Edited by cdanteek

I have problems with the audio.

it sounds really bad as if there was 2 audios recording at the same time?

any ideas?

Oscar23, audio part is a VERY BIG PROBLEM on RGC. Actually I use my Sound Card to input audio.

NO FIX at moment.

Quick Question:

Is there a way to resize the video in AmarecTV? to get rid of these black lines on the side of the video??

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9kUOvu4A4&feature=channel_video_title

Hello Oscar23

For crop and resize, use VIRTUALDUB.

Claudio

Edited by Cauptain

Yes, Do you know of a good free VOB to AVI converter i have had the best of luck with VHCapture now i just need a good program to covert it down to smaller file sizes and to avi format for youtube uploads

Hi jrthesuperstar83,

The best freeware VOB2AVI is AVI DEMUX . Its a very simple software but very good solution to any video.

Learning curve is very easy. Try it.

Claudio

I have followed the guide to a tee for AmaRecTV and everything is set up nicely, I can see the preview etc and I can record but when I go to view the recording of my xbox 360 the video doesnt play. With VLC it doesn't play at all, I tried quicktime and it says I don't have the proper codecs? I thought I had downloaded them and that why I was able to record? Also I tried the software you suggested the "Media Player Classic- Home Edition x64(i run 64 windows)" and it came up with this.

Xzp09.png

The audio is fantastic but the video won't show at all! It makes me sad. Any possible fixes? thanks

• Like 1