• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Split to Remove Confusion

duftopia

Question

I bought creator 2011 Pro last week. I have been trying to copy some HD video from my PC to a blu-ray disc. No success. Every time I try there is some kind of problem usually video wave stops working but at other times the program just closes for no reason. I decided to create an ISO image file first. But after an hour it stops working and no more progress with less than 20% completed. Any ideas are appreciated.

BTW, I have read all the burning issues from Roxio and have followed all their recommendations: updated drivers, changed rendering to software, etc.

System:

64 bit Windows 7

Nvidia GeForce 880 GT Video card

4 GB memory

XPS Dell machine

Don't be dis-enchanted!

Creator 2011 pro has issues with windows 7 in that it does not live well in the neigborhood. I was able to reduce the errors by well over %90 by eliminating my firewall and anti-virus program (system suite 11), NOT running Full screen applications or thashing with other rendering programs.

ALSO Creator runs very well with GPU support, get your latest drivers if you have a GPU. When Preparing your project plan for a vacation, unplug the network, close any firewalls and let creator run all on its own (if possible).

I have a corei7 myself and the program doesn't seem to care if I use %60-70 cpu, it will in fact crash on less then %10 of cpu power it all has to do with the programming modality, Creator just does not live well with others AT ALL.

Hope that helps

Duf

9 answers to this question

Don't be dis-enchanted!

Creator 2011 pro has issues with windows 7 in that it does not live well in the neigborhood. I was able to reduce the errors by well over %90 by eliminating my firewall and anti-virus program (system suite 11), NOT running Full screen applications or thashing with other rendering programs.

ALSO Creator runs very well with GPU support, get your latest drivers if you have a GPU. When Preparing your project plan for a vacation, unplug the network, close any firewalls and let creator run all on its own (if possible).

I have a corei7 myself and the program doesn't seem to care if I use %60-70 cpu, it will in fact crash on less then %10 of cpu power it all has to do with the programming modality, Creator just does not live well with others AT ALL.

Hope that helps

Duf

I would not agree with that at all!

I can burn directly to disc with a 2 hour BD project and surf the web and run a 3D high end CAD program at the same time and nothing crashes and everything gets done...

Nothing wrong with 2011 it lives in harmony on any clean running up to date system from XP on... ;)

But I have had some projects that gave me fits! The Folder Set has always served me well, better than the ISO solution.

Even then I have had a few where I had to go back an convert my original (mts) camcorder files into mp4's or HD mpeg2's to Break the Failure Chain!!!

Anytime you keep doing the same thing, it will keep failing ;)

How often do you defrag? Is that 1g drive internal or USB connected? What else are you doing or have running while the project encodes?

Is this one of the things they told you to try?

How many processes do you have starting at boot? Download and run the free Soluto to see what starts up whethere you need it to or not. Diable thsoe that are no brainers and look at the other ones that might be disabled.

Are you getting any messages about muxing /demuxing?

Again I will repeat Creator 2011 does not run well with neighbors on win 7. I've surfed the net and ran small programs but Major number crunches and/or graphics have caused failures as well as firewalls, AV programs, large excel macro based designs.

Pull the plug on any obvious cpu hogs running in background using task manager, also a disk defrags was an Excellent idea, try that first - check to insure your HD is clean and that there at least 2x times the project size in freespace.

See if you can keep an eye on where the encoding fails, if in the Video file generation then you may need to do a demux if in the roxio menu encoding then try a different menu style.

and Good luck

Again I will repeat Creator 2011 does not run well with neighbors on win 7. I've surfed the net and ran small programs but Major number crunches and/or graphics have caused failures as well as firewalls, AV programs, large excel macro based designs.

Pull the plug on any obvious cpu hogs running in background using task manager, also a disk defrags was an Excellent idea, try that first - check to insure your HD is clean and that there at least 2x times the project size in freespace.

See if you can keep an eye on where the encoding fails, if in the Video file generation then you may need to do a demux if in the roxio menu encoding then try a different menu style.

and Good luck

You have a major problem with your system and it has nothing to do with C2011 so please don't make such statements as "Creator 2011 does not run well with neighbors on win 7"

In regards to free space on the hard drive - double project might not be enough. From System Requirements: "DVD and BD copy, video editing and authoring may require large amount of free disk space, up to 10's of GB"

You have a major problem with your system and it has nothing to do with C2011 so please don't make such statements as "Creator 2011 does not run well with neighbors on win 7"

I don't make that statement lightly, I have run corel, magix, vegas, and movie maker and none of them have the win 7 issues that roxio exhibits with OTHER running programs, I did a fresh OS install and it did not go away, maybe it reaides in the 64 but win7 install or in one of my core programs that I always install like anydvd, System suite, or network magic and MS office but I really have a serious problems with ONLY ROXIO when multi-tasking.

When ROxio works even after multiple restarts it Consistantly produces better results and that is why I am searching for people with similar isses like lost chapters, restarts, slow encoding etc... to improve my operation.

If you are trying to multi-task while rendering, you are really pushing the computer to the limit (and probably beyond).

Rendering takes practically every ounce of processor power (and graphics processing) plus a LOT of free space on the hard drive

I wouldn't attempt it even on this system

Edited by gi7omy