• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blu Ray Pc Laptops

blurijj

Question

I am planning on getting a PC laptop computer that plays blu-ray for a family member.

My question is do all the PC blu ray laptops play blu-ray media such as BD-R and BD-E as well as commercial blu ray disks ?

If an h.264 video file is burned to a BD-R disk (burned with Toast11 on a Mac computer ) , will it play on a PC blu-ray laptop? Or do they only play commercial media ?

I have also read that some laptops have problems reading BD-E media or the double-layer blu-ray disks..

I would appreciate any recommendations of PC Blu-Ray laptops that anyone has had experience with - especially if you have played h.264 HD movies burned to Blu-Ray media.

Would appreciate knowing laptop brands and internal blu-ray drives that you could recommend.

Would it say in the specs of the computer that it plays BD-R or BD-E etc.?

I would be burning these h.264HD video files on a Mac with Toast11 onto BD-R media. The PC laptop is a gift for a family member. I want to be able to send BD-R media made on my Mac to this family member. I don't think this should be a problem, but I could be wrong.

Thanks a lot.

2 answers to this question

I am planning on getting a PC laptop computer that plays blu-ray for a family member.

My question is do all the PC blu ray laptops play blu-ray media such as BD-R and BD-E as well as commercial blu ray disks ?

If an h.264 video file is burned to a BD-R disk (burned with Toast11 on a Mac computer ) , will it play on a PC blu-ray laptop? Or do they only play commercial media ?

I have also read that some laptops have problems reading BD-E media or the double-layer blu-ray disks..

I would appreciate any recommendations of PC Blu-Ray laptops that anyone has had experience with - especially if you have played h.264 HD movies burned to Blu-Ray media.

Would appreciate knowing laptop brands and internal blu-ray drives that you could recommend.

Would it say in the specs of the computer that it plays BD-R or BD-E etc.?

I would be burning these h.264HD video files on a Mac with Toast11 onto BD-R media. The PC laptop is a gift for a family member. I want to be able to send BD-R media made on my Mac to this family member. I don't think this should be a problem, but I could be wrong.

Thanks a lot.

When you're not playing back commercial Blu-ray movies, the Blu-ray drive functions just like a DVD drive would (and reads BD data discs). It reads CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs with data on them, through Explorer just like any other storage device or media. I don't have any suggestions on PC notebooks though ;)

When you're not playing back commercial Blu-ray movies, the Blu-ray drive functions just like a DVD drive would (and reads BD data discs). It reads CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs with data on them, through Explorer just like any other storage device or media. I don't have any suggestions on PC notebooks though ;)

Thanks. That makes sense and that is what I assumed.

The only reason I posted this question is because when I

talked to a Sony rep online, he said the Vaio blu-ray laptops

would not play BD-R media - just commercial blu-ray.

And you are telling me that a Windows machine would have no problems playing HD h.264 video files ?