EMC8- My DVD won't play on a table top player

YVolver

Question

HELP, I managed to burn 716 pictures and set them to music and then procedded to burn them. It took about an hour and then I received an ERROR message involving the "menu". It seemed that everything burned but the DVD never finalized??

10 answers to this question

I could not save it to "Video Folder" either. I keep getting error messages. What can I do? This software is so difficult!!!

My system is:

HP Pavilion 1240N

What error messages are you getting?

Do the error messages persist if you try and copy different media?

HELP, I managed to burn 716 pictures and set them to music and then procedded to burn them. It took about an hour and then I received an ERROR message involving the "menu". It seemed that everything burned but the DVD never finalized??

Did you notice the pinned message at the top of this board and did you try that?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3324

According to what I read, you have an on-board chipset for video (unless you upgraded). Make sure that you have the latest drivers and the latest Version of DirectX 9( c ). Go here for your updates and carefully follow the instructions:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...g=en&os=228

There is a graphics driver dated April 2006 so if your computer is older or about the same age, you may want to do that update. (Just in case, R click on My Computer,>Properties> Hardware> Device Manager>Display Adapter> (select the one listed> R Click and Select properties> Open the driver tab and it will tell you what version you have. The one listed is 6.14.10.4421. If you have a video card, do the same thing and then go to the manufacturer's web site to see if there are updates. V8 requires a lot form the video card /chips including some of the rendering and it will give problems if the drivers are not up to date.

There is a lot of other stuff listed for 2006 including a FIRMWARE update for your burner. That's a bit tricker than the driver updates but you MAY need to do that.

If you received an error, the disc may still be blank or corrupted. I always burn to video folder so I can test the playback. If everything is fine, I then burn it disc. Save on making coasters.

How do I burn to 'Video Folder"?

I could not save it to "Video Folder" either. I keep getting error messages.
First, Steve has great suggestion. Go to teh HP update website and make sure you have applied ALL of the fixes for your machine. They are there for a reason.

If this still doesn't help, try burning to video folder again and notice the TIME where it stops. Then go back to your project and look at the project at that specific time. Check which image, transition, effect, music or whatever at that specific time. This may give you a clue.

Archived