My Computer Doesn't Pick Up Any Signal

BareBoneRyan

Question

Hello, I believe I have everything set up correctly but the Roxio Capture Screen says "No Signal" when I'm ready to record and there is also no preview. I have restarted my Xbox 360 many times and set the settings to 1080i and also switched it from TV to HDTV like it says to do so. I believe that the problem is when I installed the Roxio Software I did not have the USB plugged in yet. I have went on the website to the page that addresses this problem but when i download the file then start the USB installation it gives me, it says "This Update is not applicable to your computer" like it is not needed and i should be fine, as if I already have the update. I have been working on fixing this all day and any help will be greatly appreciated even if I have already tried that solution. Please help, and Thank You.

16 answers to this question

Hello, I believe I have everything set up correctly but the Roxio Capture Screen says "No Signal" when I'm ready to record and there is also no preview. I have restarted my Xbox 360 many times and set the settings to 1080i and also switched it from TV to HDTV like it says to do so. I believe that the problem is when I installed the Roxio Software I did not have the USB plugged in yet. I have went on the website to the page that addresses this problem but when i download the file then start the USB installation it gives me, it says "This Update is not applicable to your computer" like it is not needed and i should be fine, as if I already have the update. I have been working on fixing this all day and any help will be greatly appreciated even if I have already tried that solution. Please help, and Thank You.

Hi BareBoneRyan,

Install RGCV software and REBOOT your PC.

Connect your COMPONENTE CABLE on X360, turn ON, go to setup and make correct signal output (COMPONENT 480p, 720p or 1080i - Select ONE and continue setup). Turn OFF.

Now connect X360 COMPONENT cable on RGC input side. Take the Component cable came with RGC, connect in RGC output side and connect to TV. Turn ON X360 and TV. Get image.

Connect USB cable to PC*/NB*/NBK* and enjoy.

PC* = PC (Personal Computer)

NB* = Notebook

NBK* = Netbook

Claudio

Hi BareBoneRyan,

Install RGCV software and REBOOT your PC.

Connect your COMPONENTE CABLE on X360, turn ON, go to setup and make correct signal output (COMPONENT 480p, 720p or 1080i - Select ONE and continue setup). Turn OFF.

Now connect X360 COMPONENT cable on RGC input side. Take the Component cable came with RGC, connect in RGC output side and connect to TV. Turn ON X360 and TV. Get image.

Connect USB cable to PC*/NB*/NBK* and enjoy.

Claudio

Thanks but this did not solve my problem. Any other advice?

Sorry, I go to work now. Tomorrow check this topico ok?

Claudio

Hello again. I can't seem to figuere it out and it seems like you are the only one that can help me out. Disregard the part about the download for the USB thing that was for another Roxio Product.

Hello again. I can't seem to figuere it out and it seems like you are the only one that can help me out. Disregard the part about the download for the USB thing that was for another Roxio Product.

Hello BareBoneRyan,

I will help you mate. Please explain detailed infos about problems or issues.

PC specs, TV model and Windows version.

Claudio

Hello BareBoneRyan,

Claudio

I have the original Xbox360 and I have it switched to HDTV mode and 1080i although I did try 720i and 480i. Normaly I do not play in HD so the Component AV cables I have, have the HD Chords and the reguler definition chords combined so when I plug my Xbox into the card there is an extra Yellow cable not plugged in because the card doesn't need it. I'm not sure if that is the problem though. I have an HP 860 Laptop and Windows 7.

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU

RAM: 3.00 GB

64-Bit Operating System

Graphics Card:Mobile Intel®4 Series Express Chipset Family

Tv: Sharp AQUOS. HDMI Dolby Digital

The Problem:I believe I have everything set up right and installed right. I installed the Roxio Disk before i hade it set up. I get a really nice picture on my TV so that's not the problem. The only problem is when I plug in the USB to my Laptop my computer makes the 'noise' that it knows something is being plugged in but it says No Signal on the Roxio Capture screen. It also does not show a preview on the computer. I have tested around the order in which I plug the USB in, turn on the Xbox, and open the Capture menu, but none of that has worked. Thank you for your time.

I have the original Xbox360 and I have it switched to HDTV mode and 1080i although I did try 720i and 480i. Normaly I do not play in HD so the Component AV cables I have, have the HD Chords and the reguler definition chords combined so when I plug my Xbox into the card there is an extra Yellow cable not plugged in because the card doesn't need it. I'm not sure if that is the problem though. I have an HP 860 Laptop and Windows 7.

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU

RAM: 3.00 GB

64-Bit Operating System

Graphics Card:Mobile Intel®4 Series Express Chipset Family

Tv: Sharp AQUOS. HDMI Dolby Digital

The Problem:I believe I have everything set up right and installed right. I installed the Roxio Disk before i hade it set up. I get a really nice picture on my TV so that's not the problem. The only problem is when I plug in the USB to my Laptop my computer makes the 'noise' that it knows something is being plugged in but it says No Signal on the Roxio Capture screen. It also does not show a preview on the computer. I have tested around the order in which I plug the USB in, turn on the Xbox, and open the Capture menu, but none of that has worked. Thank you for your time.

Hi, again, BareBoneRyan.

Your setup is very close to my PC2 (Celeron +3gb + Intel HD 4500).

For Netbook or Notebook I recommended using ENERGY MODE in HIGH PERFORMANCE, because USB is power supply to RGC.

For "No Signal" i have a tip. Look this link above and make same things:

No Signal Fix

Work for my friends with this issue. It may not be your case, but it never hurts to try.

In video input select YRYBY or SERIAL DIGITAL

Try and reply for results.

Claudio

Hello BareBoneRyan,

Claudio

I believe I replied to your last message wrong. I'm just sending you this one incase you have missed my reply because I did it wrong.

Hello BareBoneRyan,

Claudio

Sorry I sent this message earlier today but I did something wrong. I downloaded the AMCAP and follwed the instructions. When i open up AMCAP the error message pops up saying "Sorry you have no video capture software". And when I then go under video nothing shows up. I re-installed the RGC software to see if it will regconize it then but it didn't. I do not know what you mean on the first photo that says "Now check all pass to solve this problem". I also do not understand what you mean by "In video input select YRYBY or SERIAL DIGITAL" One thing I should have mentioned earlier: On the Roxio Game Capture menu the capture button is grey and not green so I can't click on it. Also where it says "Source:" it is blank and doesn't say Roxio GAMECAP Capture. Thank you again.

Sorry I sent this message earlier today but I did something wrong. I downloaded the AMCAP and follwed the instructions. When i open up AMCAP the error message pops up saying "Sorry you have no video capture software". And when I then go under video nothing shows up. I re-installed the RGC software to see if it will regconize it then but it didn't. I do not know what you mean on the first photo that says "Now check all pass to solve this problem". I also do not understand what you mean by "In video input select YRYBY or SERIAL DIGITAL" One thing I should have mentioned earlier: On the Roxio Game Capture menu the capture button is grey and not green so I can't click on it. Also where it says "Source:" it is blank and doesn't say Roxio GAMECAP Capture. Thank you again.

BareBoneRyan your capture card is installed correct?? Check in here:

xiNeK.jpg

Claudio

No it actually is not there. That is really weird. What did I do wrong?

Hi BareBoneRyan,

Unistall RGC software and unplug USB cable, reboot your Netbook.

Insert you RGC DVD on drive, open DVD root (Like a shot) and install the correct version Windows Systema (X86 = 32 bits & X64= 64 bits OS).

zPdvR.jpg

After this, connect only RGC cable. If correct will appear a right screen (Windows installing drivers). check in Device Manager & reply here.

If you have another USB cable, use too.

Claudio

Hi BareBoneRyan,

Unistall RGC software and unplug USB cable, reboot your Netbook.

Insert you RGC DVD on drive, open DVD root (Like a shot) and install the correct version Windows Systema (X86 = 32 bits & X64= 64 bits OS).

zPdvR.jpg

After this, connect only RGC cable. If correct will appear a right screen (Windows installing drivers). check in Device Manager & reply here.

If you have another USB cable, use too.

Claudio

I clicked on the 64 bit OS file then installed the Roxio GAMECAP Windows Installer Package. But when I plug in the USB no screen pops up. I went under the Device Manager and I see nothing has changed and I don't see anything relating to Roxio.

Edited by BareBoneRyan

I clicked on the 64 bit OS file then installed the Roxio GAMECAP Windows Installer Package. But when I plug in the USB no screen pops up. I went under the Device Manager and I see nothing has changed and I don't see anything relating to Roxio.

Change a USB cable or try in other PC. If not working in other Pc, probably RGC unit fault. Change for a new.

Claudio

I'am having the same problem but it works perfectly on my laptop but not on my computer and I want to do stuff like livestream and my laptop is too weak

please help me!

but mine doesnt really say no signal but it says select video device

Edited by littledude64

Ok for every one freaking out cause there RGC is not working try this. It says no signal so start it and then stop it with F7.

After that you there well be a preview of the game on the screen and you can hear it. i really hope this helps.

​​​ I do not know if this well help every one but it did me,

UP DATE: Just set capture limit to 5 seconds the F7 thang dose not work

Edited by Kyle Madden
  • Like 1