• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Software Problems

YProphetY

Question

10 answers to this question

Ok, so I was able to download the directx 9 runtime seperate at it's site and after restarting my computer the installation followed through. But now when I start the program it says failed to detect device. My cables are all correct, it's showing on the tv, and I have the usb in the back of my pc.

Ok, so I was able to download the directx 9 runtime seperate at it's site and after restarting my computer the installation followed through. But now when I start the program it says failed to detect device. My cables are all correct, it's showing on the tv, and I have the usb in the back of my pc.

I am having a similar problem, every time I go to install, it gets to directx 9 runtime and freezes, then tells me that the installation was interrupted, I will try to download the directx 9 runtime seperate and see if that makes a difference... I hope we get help soon :( I just got this puppy today and I am dying to try it out.

I am having a similar problem, every time I go to install, it gets to directx 9 runtime and freezes, then tells me that the installation was interrupted, I will try to download the directx 9 runtime seperate and see if that makes a difference... I hope we get help soon :( I just got this puppy today and I am dying to try it out.

I think I may have fixed the problem! I hope it helps you too.

OK, I installed direct x 9 separate like you did, and my computer will not recognize the usb device. So I went to uninstall the product and reinstall it with the usb plugged in this time, but I saw an option to repair in the uninstall menu. I plugged the usb in and had everything hooked up from my console to the card to the tv, then chose to repair. It did a whole bunch of stuff then it restarted my laptop. once restarted, it didn't say anything different, but then when I opened the game capture and pressed the capture button, there was my tv on my laptop, complete with audio and video, I was able to capture about 15 minutes with no problem, so far so good knock on wood. I hope this helps you!!

Well after trying everything I still can't get this thing to work on my pc. It always says select video device failed. I did however get it to operate properly on my laptop. Why won't it work on my pc, is it possible my usb ports are bad? I have had other problems with usb capture devices but things like controllers, memory sticks, and everything else work fine.

Well after trying everything I still can't get this thing to work on my pc. It always says select video device failed. I did however get it to operate properly on my laptop. Why won't it work on my pc, is it possible my usb ports are bad? I have had other problems with usb capture devices but things like controllers, memory sticks, and everything else work fine.

I have no idea... It is possible I suppose that the usb ports could be bad, have you tried doing a windows update? It's possible that your usb drivers aren't up to par with the software's requirements. I'll let ya know if I come up with anything else, at least ya got it running on your laptop though :) Good job with that one.

Hi YProphetY,

Try this: Free record software tutorial.

Test and reply.

Claudio

Yeah I included that into my doing everything I can statement. That didn't help with my problem, all that did was tell me how well it was gonna capture, which was just fine. I had already seen that as the answer to several questions. Now if I can just get it to work on my pc instead of saying select video device failed.

Yeah I included that into my doing everything I can statement. That didn't help with my problem, all that did was tell me how well it was gonna capture, which was just fine. I had already seen that as the answer to several questions. Now if I can just get it to work on my pc instead of saying select video device failed.

Sorry YProphetY. I already know what the problem is.

If it works stick or pendrive on your PC, your POWER SUPPLY is bad. Get a new power supply, your RGC will work flawless.

Claudio

Why do you think my power supply is bad? It is one I just recently put in. It was originally a 400w but I replaced it with a 600w, could that be shorting out my usb ports for some things but not all?

Simple. If it works and PENDRIVE and MEMORY STICK but does not work RGC, is the USB power problem.

Thus it's Power Supply.

Claudio