• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Game Capture Wont Capture Wii Or Xbox Or Ps3. Gives Unknown Capture Error

BLD

Question

I have component cables for all my systems and I have new HDTV's for all of them as well.

I am running an Alienware Laptop M15X and all I'm getting is great audio and the error I mentioned above.

Is this thing bricked or is Roxio's device bogus?

9 answers to this question

I have component cables for all my systems and I have new HDTV's for all of them as well.

I am running an Alienware Laptop M15X and all I'm getting is great audio and the error I mentioned above.

I can't offer much help, but one thing's for sure, it isn't designed for the Wii.

Hi BLD,

Your RGC drivers have a correct install??

Put screenshot from ERROR ok?

Claudio

Hi BLD,

Your RGC drivers have a correct install??

Put screenshot from ERROR ok?

Claudio

Will do just that as soon as I get home. I'm at work now.

One question though.

I do remember it saying "no signal" when trying with the Wii.

Don't remember if it said that with the other consoles.

ALSO even though it is not advertised to work with the Wii (and I wouldn't hold it to Roxio if it didn't work) I have seen "supposedly" YouTube captures that work with the Wii and Roxio's device.

one last thing, my capture device (which I got in the mail yesterday by the way) came out of the box rattling.

There is something moving in there. But there is no way to open the thing, its sealed shut.

Is it supposed to do that. I mean its a solid piece of equipment. Essentially a pass-through.

Ooh and to answer your question: if by drivers you mean can I see my consoles while connected to the device then answer is yes.

if by drivers you mean do I have the latest updates on the software side, then the answer is also yes.

I can see my games and play them just fine.

capturing is the issue.

Edited by BLD

Will do just that as soon as I get home. I'm at work now.

One question though.

I do remember it saying "no signal" when trying with the Wii.

Don't remember if it said that with the other consoles.

ALSO even though it is not advertised to work with the Wii (and I wouldn't hold it to Roxio if it didn't work) I have seen "supposedly" YouTube captures that work with the Wii and Roxio's device.

one last thing, my capture device (which I got in the mail yesterday by the way) came out of the box rattling.

There is something moving in there. But there is no way to open the thing, its sealed shut.

Is it supposed to do that. I mean its a solid piece of equipment. Essentially a pass-through.

Ooh and to answer your question: if by drivers you mean can I see my consoles while connected to the device then answer is yes.

if by drivers you mean do I have the latest updates on the software side, then the answer is also yes.

I can see my games and play them just fine.

capturing is the issue.

For WII try 480i/576i output image. You get interlaced video but will work.

Claudio

For WII try 480i/576i output image. You get interlaced video but will work.

Claudio

That's just it. I had it at that setting. It only offers two.

but it didnt capture anything.

All it did was show a blank screen, from time to time it would show a static NON moving image of whatever I was seeing on the TV. The menu screen, the game, whatever. I could hear everything I was doing perfectly however AND it also had the "no signal" in green.

All this I'm providing is for the Wii.

I cant remember what what happening for the Xbox or PS3 I was tired by that point.

That's just it. I had it at that setting. It only offers two.

but it didnt capture anything.

All it did was show a blank screen, from time to time it would show a static NON moving image of whatever I was seeing on the TV. The menu screen, the game, whatever. I could hear everything I was doing perfectly however AND it also had the "no signal" in green.

All this I'm providing is for the Wii.

I cant remember what what happening for the Xbox or PS3 I was tired by that point.

You are try capture with other capture software??

Try it: Free capture software tutorial.

Claudio

So you are suggesting I use something other than the software that came with Roxio's device?

Is that what you use?

is it easy to use?

and are you using Roxio's devise with this software?

Thanks.

Hello BLD,

1 - YES. Why not try other software?

2 - Right. Best software for all capture/TV cards (USB, PCI and PCI-e)

3 - Much easier

4 - Work like a charm.

Try & reply.

Claudio

Edited by Cauptain

I had this problem on my xbox and when I changed it from 1080p to 1080i that fixed it. I noticed you have tried it on the Wii already, but I felt I would offer my solution when I had this problem. I hope it at least somewhat helps, maybe just remember to try it on your xbox and ps3 to see if it helps those consoles.

Edited by Sotik