Hi-Rez Dvd- Audio

wheeling2000

Question

Good Morning, I'm considering buying Toast 11 for a Mac and was wondering what kind of DVD Authoring do you have for High End DVd- Audio, I know in Toast 8 you have options of burning DVD- Audio and in Toast 10 you actually do, only in 24/96 tho. So in your new Toast 11 Mac version can you Burn a DVD- Audio Disc, first question, what kind of Resolution can it handle, I was hoping it can go as high as 24/192 and can it support 5 channel surround sound in 24/96, thanks I'll be waiting for a reply.

3 answers to this question

Toast does NOT create/author DVD-Audio discs, but it can create what Roxio calls 'Music DVD', which actually follows the DVD-Video standard. This makes the end product much more accessible, as DVD-Audio players are a niche market.

Thanks for that Reply, I have no trouble Roxio creating a DVD-Video formatted Disc, can it create a High Resolution Video formatted Disc, so the same question remains, can Roxio 11 Mac Version create a 24/96 or even Higher 24/192 and can it create a 5 Channel surround sound in 24/96. As I stated before Roxio 8 was probably the best for Creating DVD- Audio, I think it went as far as 24/192, I'm not sure about that tho, I do know Roxio 10 can do 24/96, because I have that one, thanks I'll be waiting for a reply.

Thanks for that Reply, I have no trouble Roxio creating a DVD-Video formatted Disc, can it create a High Resolution Video formatted Disc, so the same question remains, can Roxio 11 Mac Version create a 24/96 or even Higher 24/192 and can it create a 5 Channel surround sound in 24/96. As I stated before Roxio 8 was probably the best for Creating DVD- Audio, I think it went as far as 24/192, I'm not sure about that tho, I do know Roxio 10 can do 24/96, because I have that one, thanks I'll be waiting for a reply.

Toast can create a 96/24 2-channel PCM music DVD.