Resolution Problems

roadmaster

Question

Hi - thanks in adavance for any fixes to my issue. I am not computer literate so I hope any answers are simple enough.

I purchased Roxio Creator 2011 and installed it on my Sony Vaio Full HD 1080 laptop. I bought this because of the quality of the photos.

When I go to create a DVD, a message appears that the resolution needs to be 1024 x 768 or higher and colour quality 18 bit or higher.

The defalt settings are 1920 x 1080 - not sure how I look up the colur quality.

Any suggestions on how top get around this without adjusting the settings as this makes the display only 3/4 size.???

Thanks

roadmaster

Australia

2 answers to this question

Hi - thanks in adavance for any fixes to my issue. I am not computer literate so I hope any answers are simple enough.

I purchased Roxio Creator 2011 and installed it on my Sony Vaio Full HD 1080 laptop. I bought this because of the quality of the photos.

When I go to create a DVD, a message appears that the resolution needs to be 1024 x 768 or higher and colour quality 18 bit or higher.

Any suggestions on how top get around this without adjusting the settings as this makes the display only 3/4 size.???

Thanks

roadmaster

Australia

Hi roadmaster,

If the DPI setting for windows has been changed from default, which will make text appear larger, it can also unfortunately cause this error message.

You can check the DPI settings for Windows 7 by moving the mouse cursor to an empty spot on your desktop (not on an icon or a program window), and right clicking the mouse. This should bring up a context menu, which is a list of additional commands. In this context menu, select the command "Screen resolution". That should bring up a window that says "Change the appearance of your display". Look near the bottom half of the window for blue text that says "Make text and other items larger or smaller", and click on the words. That brings up another window with 3 radio buttons, smaller, medium, and larger. If yours is set to Larger, try setting it to Medium, and then click the Apply button. If it's on medium, try smaller. You then need to logout or reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It will ask you if you want to logout right then, if you do, all your open programs will be closed. Then you will need to login, and your text should be changed. Now try clicking the "Create DVDs" icon within Roxio Creator 2011, hopefully it will run.

I use the Larger DPI and had your issue, so maybe you are having the same problem.

Hope this helps! -- Ruty

Thanks

roadmaster

Australia

Start with this Kb article.

What is the model number of the laptop? What are your resolutions settings NOW? If you up the settings, can you just resize the window by dragging the corners?

For informational purposes only. If you are going to make a video DVD, the standard resolution is 720 by 480. About the same you would see on a standard TV. They will not be anywhere near as shart as what you see on your computer monitor. To get higher quality, you would need to make an AVCHD or a blu-ray disc. Both require a blu-ray player to play.

Archived