• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Editing Video

Benz66

Question

Hi Folks,

1. Inserted DVD-R into drive.

2. Dragged VIDEO_TS folder from DVD into a folder on my desktop

3. Opened Toast 11.0.3

4. Dragged three of the .VOB files from the folder on my desktop into the Toast DVD-Video window

5. Three movies appear in a list in the window . . . great so far!

6. I edit the video start and end times to get rid of camera shake etc.

7. I burn a DVD thinking that my edited movies will be on the DVD but when I play the DVD none of my editing had happened. I just get what I dragged into Toast from my desktop folder? No nicely edited footage!

8. So, I go back into the Edit screen to ensure that my edits are still in place, which they are.

9. I check the Help Manual and see that my edits are supposed to take effect as soon as I close the editing window.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, and would be very grateful for some help!

Thanks in advance, and Happy 4th July to you all!

Benz :)

2 answers to this question

Place the VIDEO_TS folder on the desktop. Click on the Video button in the Toast Media Browser and scroll down until you find the DVD listing. There you should see the VIDEO_TS folder listed as a DVD. Each of the three titles within the VIDEO_TS folder should also be listed. Select the entire DVD or one of the titles and add it to the main Toast window. A new window will open with the editor. Do the edits, repeating for each of the three videos. It also should go fine from hear.

Toast does not like working with VOBs added directly to the video window. It needs to go this other way.

Archived