• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Will Creator 2011 Play Toast 11 Disc Image Files

blurijj

Question

Hi,

I read on another Roxio forum that there is no way for a Toast 11 disc image file to be played on a PC.

If the PC had Creator 2011 installed, would Creator 2011 have a video player in the program that would

recognize and play Toast 11 disc image files made on a Mac ?

How compatible are Creator 2011 and Toast 11 in recognizing each others files and disc images?

I am looking for a way or program to play HD h.264 video files burned to BD-r media on a Mac machine and get them to play

on a PC with a blu-ray optical drive.

Old Archiver here on Roxio gave me this advice:

"The video content of a Blu-ray disc in stored in .m2ts files. To find these files on a disc, navigate to the BDMV folder, open it, navigate to the STREAM folder, open it, and find the .m2ts files there.

VLC does not play a Blu-ray disc as a whole, with menus and such. But it can play the individual video files of which it is made."

Is this the only way to play media on BD-r disks?

I have a Mac, but the person who I want to send BD-r disks to is not that PC savvy, and might have difficulty navigating through all those folders just to

play a video file.

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I read on another Roxio forum that there is no way for a Toast 11 disc image file to be played on a PC.

If the PC had Creator 2011 installed, would Creator 2011 have a video player in the program that would

recognize and play Toast 11 disc image files made on a Mac ?

How compatible are Creator 2011 and Toast 11 in recognizing each others files and disc images?

I am looking for a way or program to play HD h.264 video files burned to BD-r media on a Mac machine and get them to play

on a PC with a blu-ray optical drive.

Old Archiver here on Roxio gave me this advice:

"The video content of a Blu-ray disc in stored in .m2ts files. To find these files on a disc, navigate to the BDMV folder, open it, navigate to the STREAM folder, open it, and find the .m2ts files there.

VLC does not play a Blu-ray disc as a whole, with menus and such. But it can play the individual video files of which it is made."

Is this the only way to play media on BD-r disks?

I have a Mac, but the person who I want to send BD-r disks to is not that PC savvy, and might have difficulty navigating through all those folders just to

play a video file.

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

You had answers in your other threads and a definitive answer from Roxio tech service in the Toast thread It is too bad if you don't like them. Please re-read those threads because the answer is there.

burijj = pelican. It is not nice to use two different screen names if one works.

Archived