• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Error

tgrissom

Question

I am trying to install Roxio creator 11 on a windows 7 sp1 64 bit machine. The install rolls back during content installation.

This is the error I'm getting in my log file.

Transforming table Error.

Product: Roxio Creator 2011 Content -- Installation operation failed.

13 answers to this question

I followed each step to the letter, but I am still experiencing the same problem.

Property(S): TRANSFORMS = C:\Users\brenttroy\Desktop\Roxio\EMC_CONTENT13\1033.mst

MSI (s) (B4:98) [13:42:05:162]: Note: 1: 1708

MSI (s) (B4:98) [13:42:05:178]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (s) (B4:98) [13:42:05:178]: Transforming table Error.

MSI (s) (B4:98) [13:42:05:178]: Product: Roxio Creator 2011 Content -- Installation operation failed.

I believe I have made progress with this problem.

While reviewing the log file, EMC_CONTENT13_Install, I found this error:

Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

The computer is not connected to a network, and I have also copied (with no errors) the DVD install disk to the hard drive to make sure it isn't the CD-ROM drive.

Please advise.

After copying the DVD contents, to your hard drive, did you pull the DVD out of your drive and try to install from the hard drive?

I am trying to install Roxio creator 11 on a windows 7 sp1 64 bit machine. The install rolls back during content installation.

Did the Creator program install ok, its just the content that is giving you problems?.

No, it started to roll back and uninstalled the entire program.

Please post you computer specs or at least the Make and Model and any special items you have added. Did you have any Roxio programs on you computer before? How about any other video editing programs. What anti-virus are you using?

After copying the DVD contents, to your hard drive, did you pull the DVD out of your drive and try to install from the hard drive?

This poster found another thread with the same error. I don't remember if it was DU or Ivan who promised to send the cab file to the OP. I suggested that tgrissom send a p.m. to see if he could get a copy.

Please post you computer specs or at least the Make and Model and any special items you have added. Did you have any Roxio programs on you computer before? How about any other video editing programs. What anti-virus are you using?

My computer is a Dell Precision T3500 running windows 7 sp1 64 bit with 6GB of Ram and 500GB hard drive.

I had the same installation interrupted problem and spent hours chatting and on the phone with Roxio support last Friday. I think I have 20+ copies of the log file always ending in an error code -9 for the directX stage. Finally today I looked at my support ticket and found the link to this forum and the message at http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/68989-disabling-installation-of-directx/.

I followed the instructions there and the installation completed satisfactorily. :rolleyes: I am disgusted that the the Roxio support personnel don't know about this problem and the solution provided in the forum. :angry2:

Try it you'll like it. If your problem is directX I can't help you.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP x64 machine.

I followed the instructions to the tee with no success....Help!

I followed the instructions to the tee with no success....Help!

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the installation of the content on Disk 1 of the DVD set, then go back and manually add the content after install?

I believe I have made progress with this problem.

While reviewing the log file, EMC_CONTENT13_Install, I found this error:

Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

The computer is not connected to a network, and I have also copied (with no errors) the DVD install disk to the hard drive to make sure it isn't the CD-ROM drive.

Please advise.

I had the same installation interrupted problem and spent hours chatting and on the phone with Roxio support last Friday. I think I have 20+ copies of the log file always ending in an error code -9 for the directX stage. Finally today I looked at my support ticket and found the link to this forum and the message at http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/68989-disabling-installation-of-directx/.

I followed the instructions there and the installation completed satisfactorily. :rolleyes: I am disgusted that the the Roxio support personnel don't know about this problem and the solution provided in the forum. :angry2:

Try it you'll like it. If your problem is directX I can't help you.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP x64 machine.

Start here (link)

Archived