Wolfzone

Video Uploads

Question

I am a Photoshow 6 Premium member and am trying to create a slideshow with both my .jpgs and videos - which are >MOV files - unfortunately, I discovered that I cannot upload anything higher size-wise than a 50 MB (many of my vid files are approximately 45 - 1 minute long)

Does Roxio make a slideshow software that is capable of more than 50 MB uploads? I would be willing to invest in such an animal, being that I am a freelance photographer and also enjoy vid clips (I use a Panasonic Lumix digital most of the time)

I also discovered that the vid clips I inserted which are under 50 MB - there was a long "pause" or "hesitation" between one clip and the next

: (

Thank you for feedback.

1 answer to this question

I am a Photoshow 6 Premium member and am trying to create a slideshow with both my .jpgs and videos - which are >MOV files - unfortunately, I discovered that I cannot upload anything higher size-wise than a 50 MB (many of my vid files are approximately 45 - 1 minute long)

Does Roxio make a slideshow software that is capable of more than 50 MB uploads? I would be willing to invest in such an animal, being that I am a freelance photographer and also enjoy vid clips (I use a Panasonic Lumix digital most of the time)

I also discovered that the vid clips I inserted which are under 50 MB - there was a long "pause" or "hesitation" between one clip and the next

: (

Thank you for feedback.

It depends on what you want to do with the slide show. Do you need it to be on the web? I just completed a 15 minute slide show with 7 HD mp4 (35-50 MB) videos with 110 images and I did not see any hesitations. Sometimes you will get that if your internet speed is lowered or if it is a busy time for their server. What theme did you use? Try it again when there may be less traffic.

If you don't need it on the web and want to burn your work to video discs, and as a Pro, consider either Creator 2011 or something like Video Lab HD

For Creator 2011, Edit video -Advanced will take almost anything you throw at it. Ignore the name, it will make slide shows and/or combinations of slide shows and videos. The video can be as long as you want (but practically about an hour). Video Lab is a slightly reduced version of one (or two) of the applications in Creator 2011. It looks like both have Video Copy and Convert. That is very handy if you have a video that is just over 50 MB since it will allow you to trim them down. You could use the trim function to split the one minute one into two. (Video Wave will do that also)

The PRO version of Creator 2011 has a couple for extras that I find useful - Sound Soap will clean up the audio on those videos if they are too bad for the Video Wave built in audio editor; you can encrypt your discs, and you can burn blu-ray discs.

Make sure your computer exceeds the minimum requirements for the programs. if you buy directly from the Roxio on-line store, you have a 30 day $$ back if you are not satisfied - no questions asked.

This is a good set of tutorials on Edit Video - Advanced (Video Wave) to see what you can do. For video files, you would just substitute them for the image (picture) files. Here are some that are primarily for video work.