• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Media Creator 7 Basic Editon

sanchu

Question

So like i got this new PX-760A which comes bundled with Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. The clips are pretty high quality video clips in AVI format. It views very crisp in both the windows player and even when playing in roxio playback.

I am using sony (dvd -r) discs for the burning and they are close to top of the line even the dvd player supports all formats of dvd.

So the problem i am getting is the avi film once burned onto the dvd plays horrible in any dvd player. The quality goes way down. it looks like little ribbons are cutt into the screen so when a chracter moves a ribbon of him is floating off around screen somewhere.

How can the quality be soo poor?? is their anything i can do to make it go away? I am not very proficent in what setting to burn the dvd's it could be numerous things in the actual editing that im doing wrong. Please help.

3 answers to this question

So like i got this new PX-760A which comes bundled with Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. The clips are pretty high quality video clips in AVI format. It views very crisp in both the windows player and even when playing in roxio playback.

I am using sony (dvd -r) discs for the burning and they are close to top of the line even the dvd player supports all formats of dvd.

So the problem i am getting is the avi film once burned onto the dvd plays horrible in any dvd player. The quality goes way down. it looks like little ribbons are cutt into the screen so when a chracter moves a ribbon of him is floating off around screen somewhere.

How can the quality be soo poor?? is their anything i can do to make it go away? I am not very proficent in what setting to burn the dvd's it could be numerous things in the actual editing that im doing wrong. Please help.

Well, what settings did you choose when burning the DVD?

(File->Project Settings, I believe)

If these are low quality, then it will be a low quality video :)

Guest mlpasley

Also.... where did the avi video come from? The quality out depends a lot on the quality in.

You've tried it on other DVD players and have the same trouble in all of them?

How does it play on your computer?

It's also possible that you got a bad 'burn'. Make certain that you select 'best' quality and only put 1 hour of video onto a 4.7 Gb DVD.

Also.... where did the avi video come from? The quality out depends a lot on the quality in.

It's also possible that you got a bad 'burn'. Make certain that you select 'best' quality and only put 1 hour of video onto a 4.7 Gb DVD.

1. Yes same problem on any dvd player both my x-box dvd player and a regular dvd player that supports all formats.

2. It plays supurb on my computer. Very high quailty dubs I use afterdawn.com's FFDSHOW codec pkg.

3. yeah i put "good" burn.... i was only able to fit (2) 24 min video clips on one 4.7 gig dvd.

also at first i estimated that i could fit 15 avi vid clips onto 1 dvd but aparently the avi 's might be compresed...i have no idea if that would affect the output quality.

Yeah i thought also that i might have gotten a bad burn..but a bad burn on the 1st dvd??? lol I am using those Sony Premium dvd's that are made in japan. I think the box comes with a verbatium...maybe ill try the verbatum...maybe it only likes verbatium??? :)

Also yes i can understand if the quality of the avi clip is bad i would get a bad avi dvd. The thing is the avi clip is absolutely perfect ,clear and crisp when playing on my computer.. iwould think it would be able to transfrer the same amount of quality just to the dvd??

Archived