• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rebate Checks

HGPILOT

Question

I upgraded to 8.0 just over 7 weeks ago and purchased the $89 upgrade with the promise of a $50 rebate. I filled out the form and submitted ALL paperwork, as requested (I have backup copies of everything to prove this). 4 weeks later I get letter from their "rebate submissions department" (probably some Indian outsourced firm) saying my request was denied because I didn't provide a copy of my receipt, which I most certainly did. I scoured the Roxio site looking for customer service contact info and of course turned up nothing. "Ask Roxanne" was a joke and I'm not about to spend hours online trying to resolve this. They've screwed me into walking away from this rebate by making it so incredible difficult to obtain the refund...the clearly are not interested in making good on their promise or it would be much easier.

So thanks for nothing Roxio....I'm going to check out Sony Vegas.

7 answers to this question

Finally, I fail to see your logic here...

You spend $89 buying roxio software... You didn't get the rebate, so you decide to go and pay more money to some other company, in order to get basically the same service... Ya... Have fun with that... Chances are you're going to get the same error with the rebate with them...

There are no "errors" with these rebates...errors that happen consistently, across the board, with many, many customers are deliberate. They make getting a rebate contingent on sending in the box UPC...then they don't send you the box even when you order directly from Roxio! Then, they begrudgingly let you send in the UPC from the DVD case (necessitating mutilating the case to get it out). Then, in my case, they claim they didn't get the code. Since I sent in the original, and they don't accept copies, Roxio (or the sleazy rebate company) gets to keep the $50.

I love the program. It works very well. But Roxio got the last penny from me that they ever will.

There are no "errors" with these rebates...errors that happen consistently, across the board, with many, many customers are deliberate. They make getting a rebate contingent on sending in the box UPC...then they don't send you the box even when you order directly from Roxio! Then, they begrudgingly let you send in the UPC from the DVD case (necessitating mutilating the case to get it out). Then, in my case, they claim they didn't get the code. Since I sent in the original, and they don't accept copies, Roxio (or the sleazy rebate company) gets to keep the $50.

I love the program. It works very well. But Roxio got the last penny from me that they ever will.

If you contact us directly we will clarify what is needed for the rebate. I find that most people that have a problem with rebates simply never follow through with them.

I have been patiently waiting for my $40 rebate also. At least they sent me an acknowlegment back in June, but it's been 10 weeks now. The human (outsourced) I finally spoke with said to wait another 30 days!

Also have nothing but problems with EMC8 (VideoWave) and the pathetic support. Going back to Nero.

I upgraded to 8.0 just over 7 weeks ago and purchased the $89 upgrade with the promise of a $50 rebate. I filled out the form and submitted ALL paperwork, as requested (I have backup copies of everything to prove this). 4 weeks later I get letter from their "rebate submissions department" (probably some Indian outsourced firm) saying my request was denied because I didn't provide a copy of my receipt, which I most certainly did. I scoured the Roxio site looking for customer service contact info and of course turned up nothing. "Ask Roxanne" was a joke and I'm not about to spend hours online trying to resolve this. They've screwed me into walking away from this rebate by making it so incredible difficult to obtain the refund...the clearly are not interested in making good on their promise or it would be much easier.

So thanks for nothing Roxio....I'm going to check out Sony Vegas.

You do realise that very few people from roxio actually check here, and this is a user run forum...

Even if you were hoping to deter some of their customers, I doubt very many even come here before buying the product... Not to mention the fact that people DO get the rebate, as there have been success stories posted on this site.

Finally, I fail to see your logic here...

You spend $89 buying roxio software... You didn't get the rebate, so you decide to go and pay more money to some other company, in order to get basically the same service... Ya... Have fun with that... Chances are you're going to get the same error with the rebate with them...

I have been patiently waiting for my $40 rebate also. At least they sent me an acknowlegment back in June, but it's been 10 weeks now. The human (outsourced) I finally spoke with said to wait another 30 days!

Also have nothing but problems with EMC8 (VideoWave) and the pathetic support. Going back to Nero.

If you have problems with Nero, be sure to drop into the Nero sponsored forums. Oh, wait. There are no Nero sponsored forums. :):huh::D:D

Archived