• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Media Creator Suite 10 & Windows 7 Home Premium

LinKo

Question

From reading on this website, is there any upgrade I can perform to Easy Media Creator 10 that will allow me to burn a DVD of the slideshow I've created? I get error code 80046000; 80046000 error while opening project; 80004003 while encoding movie; 80004003 while aborting project. I'm very frustrated as the slideshow previews fine, but it just doesn't burn to the DVD. Is there anything I can do?

Can I upgrade Easy Media Creator 10 to Creator 2010?

NO - Creator 2010 has been out of production for 8 months...

I would call them and see what price you can get – 1-877-500-0811

The site indicates that only some versions, based on Creator 2010, are eligible for the discounted price...

Your EMC 10 is fully 3 versions behind 2011 :(

NO - Creator 2010 has been out of production for 8 months...

I would call them and see what price you can get – 1-877-500-0811

The site indicates that only some versions, based on Creator 2010, are eligible for the discounted price...

Your EMC 10 is fully 3 versions behind 2011 :(

According to the Roxio Upgrade website, C2009 and previous versions are eligible for a $30 instant rebate when upgrading to C2011.

I have purchased Creator 11 and still get the same 80046000 and 80004003 error codes when trying to burn my file to the DVD! I have closed down Internet Explorere 9 - didn't help. I have disabled security - didn't help. What now?

I have a large computer so memory is not an issue. I have again validated the file with the new software and it previews just fine. I just need to get it onto a DVD! Time is of the essence.

Thanks if you can help or is there any number I can call for support?

I have purchased Creator 11 and still get the same 80046000 and 80004003 error codes when trying to burn my file to the DVD! I have closed down Internet Explorere 9 - didn't help. I have disabled security - didn't help. What now?

I have a large computer so memory is not an issue. I have again validated the file with the new software and it previews just fine. I just need to get it onto a DVD! Time is of the essence.

Thanks if you can help or is there any number I can call for support?

Could you give some specifics on the slideshow you are creating and extactly what you are doing?

Did you recreate the slideshow using C2011. (There is no Creator 11, please use the correct name: C2011) If you used the EMC10 project file with C2011 then that will not work since the earlier project files are not compatible with later programs.

What does this mean: "I have again validated the file with the new software and it previews just fine"?

What program from the suite are you using to create the slideshow. Most of us recommend using Videowave (Edit Video -advanced) and then using myDVD to burn.

How long in time is your slideshow? Have you tried switching to software mode when rendering if now at the hardware setting? (Look under Tool/Options for this setting)

Also, please list your system specs. "Large computer" does not mean very much

Could you give some specifics on the slideshow you are creating and extactly what you are doing?

Did you recreate the slideshow using C2011. (There is no Creator 11, please use the correct name: C2011) If you used the EMC10 project file with C2011 then that will not work since the earlier project files are not compatible with later programs.

What does this mean: "I have again validated the file with the new software and it previews just fine"?

What program from the suite are you using to create the slideshow. Most of us recommend using Videowave (Edit Video -advanced) and then using myDVD to burn.

How long in time is your slideshow? Have you tried switching to software mode when rendering if now at the hardware setting? (Look under Tool/Options for this setting)

Also, please list your system specs. "Large computer" does not mean very much

I am creating a slideshow - just under 20 minutes long - of photos and a few text panels for a class reunion. I have accompanying audio on both the music and the sound effect track. I've done this numerous times and it has always worked beautifully.

I wondered if my problem was that I had created it in an earlier version, so I did a quick mini slideshow in my new Roxio Creator 2011 program, finishing it in Videowave - same problem...

There is a place in My DVD, I believe, under tools where you can "validate" the project. In the past when I've had problems I have used this to troubleshoot and it has showed me if the files were not "valid."

My computer is an HP Pavilion Elite 500f; 1.5 TB HD with 8g Ram; AMD Audio Device. I have updated all software and firmware; have turned off my IE9; have tried to burn directly onto the DVD and also to create a digital file - no luck. I keep getting 8004600 error with 80046000 error while opening; 80004003 error while encoding movie and 80004003 while aborting.

I have put hours and hours into this production and I need it tomorrow.

Linko - while it may work at the moment, it will almost certainly fail at some stage (in some of the apps).

We've all been down that road and there is no 'cure'

By the way there is no 'Creator 11' - there is Creator 2011 (internal version number 13)

Linko - while it may work at the moment, it will almost certainly fail at some stage (in some of the apps).

We've all been down that road and there is no 'cure'

By the way there is no 'Creator 11' - there is Creator 2011 (internal version number 13)

Daithy, Linko is now using C2011 according to post #11

I am creating a slideshow - just under 20 minutes long - of photos and a few text panels for a class reunion. I have accompanying audio on both the music and the sound effect track. I've done this numerous times and it has always worked beautifully.

I wondered if my problem was that I had created it in an earlier version, so I did a quick mini slideshow in my new Roxio Creator 2011 program, finishing it in Videowave - same problem...

There is a place in My DVD, I believe, under tools where you can "validate" the project. In the past when I've had problems I have used this to troubleshoot and it has showed me if the files were not "valid."

My computer is an HP Pavilion Elite 500f; 1.5 TB HD with 8g Ram; AMD Audio Device. I have updated all software and firmware; have turned off my IE9; have tried to burn directly onto the DVD and also to create a digital file - no luck. I keep getting 8004600 error with 80046000 error while opening; 80004003 error while encoding movie and 80004003 while aborting.

I have put hours and hours into this production and I need it tomorrow.

What do you mean by "finishing in Videowave"?

At what point do you get the first error? I don't see how you can even get to encoding if you have a previous error.

In Videovaw (Edit Video-advanced) can you use Output to output(export) to a video file such as DVD mepg, best quality?

I was going by this bit: - "It also previews beautifully in both my old and new programs. " which makes me think he has EMC 10 installed along with Creator 2011 (a recipe for disaster in W7)

Ok, that would lead to problems. But he/she did creat a new slideshow in C2011 and it failed.

Unfortunately, the OP is not very clear on what he/she is doing.

What do you mean by "finishing in Videowave"?

At what point do you get the first error? I don't see how you can even get to encoding if you have a previous error.

In Videovaw (Edit Video-advanced) can you use Output to output(export) to a video file such as DVD mepg, best quality?

I have uninstalled the old roxio program, but it was initially created there. The file opens perfectly in Roxio Creator 2011. But it ties up at the same point as the old program. I then did an experiment and created a totally new program in 2011 - smaller one - and it tied up at the same place.

I create the slideshow in Videowave and either send it directly to My DVD from there to burn - or save it and then open My DVD and bring the file in from there. I create the DVD with MyDVD.

Of course I don't get to encoding because I get the 80046000 error! That's the problem.

I have used Roxio products for a long time. I know how to get a slideshow onto a DVD. It just doesn't work now.

Ok, that would lead to problems. But he/she did creat a new slideshow in C2011 and it failed.

Unfortunately, the OP is not very clear on what he/she is doing.

I am creating a slideshow with photos and music from files on my computer in Videowave. I then send would typically either create a video file on my computer that I can open in MyDVD or I choose to go over to MyDVD to burn it onto a DVD.

What other information would help you?

I am creating a slideshow with photos and music from files on my computer in Videowave. I then send would typically either create a video file on my computer that I can open in MyDVD or I choose to go over to MyDVD to burn it onto a DVD.

What other information would help you?

Project files from EMC 10 will not work in C2011!

Can you play the video file that you created in Videowave (the mpg file) using Windows Media Player?

Have you tried burning to an iso image file?

What does your test project in C2011 consist of? Does it include transitions, music etc? Where do the photos you are using come from? How about the audio?

from your post #11: " 80004003 error while encoding movie"

Thanks to all for your help! I really do appreciate it. I could use that glass of wine you're touting there...

Actual error codes are:

"80046000

80046000 Error While Opening Project

80004003 Error While Encoding Movie

80004003 Error While Aborting."

Does that help? I'm going to try setting it to software and see if that works.

The photos and music all come from my Class Reunion files on my c drive. I got to wondering if they should be consolidated into one file. I now have them in separate photos and music files. There are transitions in the slideshow and I have put some text on internal tracks. I have the music both on the music track and on the sound effect track. I've never had a problem doing it that way before. But with changing computers and upgrading software, I'm finding you can't count on anything.

The photos and music all come from my Class Reunion files on my c drive. I got to wondering if they should be consolidated into one file. I now have them in separate photos and music files. There are transitions in the slideshow and I have put some text on internal tracks. I have the music both on the music track and on the sound effect track. I've never had a problem doing it that way before. But with changing computers and upgrading software, I'm finding you can't count on anything.

The process you are using is the same I always use and I have never had any problem.

Do a simple project without any transitions, text or audio using just a few pictures. If that doesn't work then there must be a problem with your system and/or the install. Perhaps a repair install of C2011 may help.

I don't know what you mean by "consolidating into one file"?

What about the rest of my questions in my last post regarding playing the mpg file or creating an iso file?

Exactly at what point do you get the error message? When you launch myDVD or when you try to add the Videowave project file (the dmsd file) or when?

Archived