• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Newegg

sknis

Has anyone ordered anything from newegg recently? I just did (first time) and when I got the final sheet, I saw that a one year subscription to pcmag was added to the "bill". The charge was not shown. There was no way to opt out BUT if I sent in the form, I could get $10 back. Newegg insists that I'm not really charged because this is a promotion by pcmag is running. :D Apparently the subscription is attached to certain items.

So if you want a $10 discount less the cost of the stamp and envelope, order something from newegg and apply for the free $10 rebate on the subscription. :) They (pcmag) loses money on every sale but make it up in volume. :D

I actually read pcmag and have had a subscription for years, now I have two. :huh:

Has anyone ordered anything from newegg recently? I just did (first time) and when I got the final sheet, I saw that a one year subscription to pcmag was added to the "bill". The charge was not shown. There was no way to opt out BUT if I sent in the form, I could get $10 back. Newegg insists that I'm not really charged because this is a promotion by pcmag is running. :D Apparently the subscription is attached to certain items.

So if you want a $10 discount less the cost of the stamp and envelope, order something from newegg and apply for the free $10 rebate on the subscription. :) They (pcmag) loses money on every sale but make it up in volume. :D

I actually read pcmag and have had a subscription for years, now I have two. :huh:

I've placed a few orders in the last few months but I've never seen any mention on an invoice for anything other than what I ordered. I find them to be very reputible.

I've placed a few orders in the last few months but I've never seen any mention on an invoice for anything other than what I ordered. I find them to be very reputible.

I order from Newegg all of the time, and never saw anything out of the ordinary. I am already subscribed to PC Mag, along with a couple of others. My favorite is Maximum PC.

I got my BenQ drive from Newegg, but that was a month ago. I have never had a problem with them. They, and ZipZoomFly (formerly GoogleGear), are about the best out there.

Haven't bought anything from them in a long time.I usually use ZipZoomFly or TigerDirect (don't laugh).Tiger doesn't have the best prices but I've found them extremely reliable and easy to deal with if there is ever a problem.

Haven't bought anything from them in a long time.I usually use ZipZoomFly or TigerDirect (don't laugh).Tiger doesn't have the best prices but I've found them extremely reliable and easy to deal with if there is ever a problem.

I have not used Tiger Direct in a long time, but many years ago, they were the best out there for software prices. I last used them a few years ago.

They were always good, but the prices on hardware were higher than most.

I have spent thousands of $$$ with newegg and have never gotten that offer, steve. However, I have , like some of the others, had a subscription to PC Mag, and others for years now. I was disappointed when PC Mag began charing for their utility downloads (eitherb a one time cost for one DL or a yearly subscription to download as many as you want for $19.95 (I think that's the cost). I have a real great friend that is one of the technical writers for PC Mag (Neil Rubenking) and he is one great guy and really knows his programs and writes a lot of their utilities too.

Where do you get your subscription for Maximum PC Bruce. I have never taken that one. Most all of them now are just over filled with advertisements.

Zipzoomfly is always a good place to do business with and has some good prices too. Tiger Direct is a little steep on most all of their gear so I rarely buy from them. Also, check out mwave.com. They also have some good prices on a lot of gear.

I have spent thousands of $$$ with newegg and have never gotten that offer, steve. However, I have , like some of the others, had a subscription to PC Mag, and others for years now. I was disappointed when PC Mag began charing for their utility downloads (eitherb a one time cost for one DL or a yearly subscription to download as many as you want for $19.95 (I think that's the cost). I have a real great friend that is one of the technical writers for PC Mag (Neil Rubenking) and he is one great guy and really knows his programs and writes a lot of their utilities too.

Where do you get your subscription for Maximum PC Bruce. I have never taken that one. Most all of them now are just over filled with advertisements.

Zipzoomfly is always a good place to do business with and has some good prices too. Tiger Direct is a little steep on most all of their gear so I rarely buy from them. Also, check out mwave.com. They also have some good prices on a lot of gear.

I am a charter member of Maximum PC. I don't remember how it happened, but I think I still have a copy of their first issue. Well, maybe not. I am sure Cheryl tossed all of my old mags out. :)

Has anyone ordered anything from newegg recently? I just did (first time) and when I got the final sheet, I saw that a one year subscription to pcmag was added to the "bill". The charge was not shown. There was no way to opt out BUT if I sent in the form, I could get $10 back. Newegg insists that I'm not really charged because this is a promotion by pcmag is running. :) Apparently the subscription is attached to certain items.

<snip>

I ordered 9 wireless cards (Linksys WMP54G) just last week and didn't receive any "extras" (but once I got a free Newegg decal - I'd rather get the PCMag subscription). This was on a corporate credit card so maybe that had something to do with it.

Lance

I actually read pcmag and have had a subscription for years, now I have two. :D

Update on this order.

Newegg broke it into two with one item shipped from the vendor. That arrived in two days. The rest of the order, the parts I really wanted are somewhere between UPS facility in CA and Houston -- they were delayed by the weather ( :huh: ). No expected arrival date posted. So much for a guaranteed delivery date. Not New egg's fault.

Archived