• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Not See .tivo Files

shawnjp314

Question

6 answers to this question

Okay, so by going from the Main menu > Video/Movies > Copy and Convert Video you are running Roxio's Video Copy and Convert [VCC].

Now I understand that when you go to Add Source: and select Movies and then navigate to the folder containing your .tivo files, they're not visible in Roxio's file selector.

[1]-is this correct, please?

[2]-does it only affect .tivo files from HBO, or does it include ALL .tivo files from any source?

[3]-can you open an explorer window which shows your .tivo folder, and drag one of the .tivo files from there into the Source box [lower left box] of VCC?

Please answer all three questions.

Regards,

Brendon

I just purchased Roxio Creator and I am having the same problem. In answer to these questions:

1. Yes, not all of my tivo recordings are appearing in VCC though I can open the files in WMP. All files are in the same .tivo format.

2. Actually I have no problem with files from HBO. It is several non-HBO files that don't appear.

3. No, the files that aren't appearing do not drag and drop, however the files that do appear are able to be dragged and dropped into the source window.

Thanks in advance for your help!

[1]-is this correct, please?

[2]-does it only affect .tivo files from HBO, or does it include ALL .tivo files from any source?

[3]-can you open an explorer window which shows your .tivo folder, and drag one of the .tivo files from there into the Source box [lower left box] of VCC?

Which application are you trying to use to convert your .tivo files to DVD?

I can't get a list of the filetypes acceptable to Video Copy and Convert [Copy and Convert Video], but MyDVD [Create DVDs] is certainly supposed to accept .tivo files, so you should be able to see them in its file selector. Try MyDVD and see.

post-208-001923400 1310546813.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

I am using Roxio Creator 2011. The files are in my tivo recrdings folder (as .tivo files) I can watch the shows using Media Player, however, when I go to Roxio/Movies/Create-Convert(i am trying to convert for DVD, but no matter what I try to convert to) the folder for my Tivo recording appears empty. I downloaded a free trial of another DVD conversion program last night and it works fine. I really want to use Roxio though, since I have already purchased it.

I am using Roxio Creator 2011. The files are in my tivo recrdings folder (as .tivo files) I can watch the shows using Media Player, however, when I go to Roxio/Movies/Create-Convert(i am trying to convert for DVD, but no matter what I try to convert to) the folder for my Tivo recording appears empty. I downloaded a free trial of another DVD conversion program last night and it works fine. I really want to use Roxio though, since I have already purchased it.

Oh yeah... this issue appears to only be with my Tivo recordings of HBO shows. I so look forward to being able to catalog my favs to watch whenever I want.

Archived