• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cd-Rw Windows Xp - Easy Cd

Danevas

Question

Tech support told me to purchase Easy CD & DVD Burning to solve my problem. I am running windows XP and want to burn a pdf data file directly to a CD-RW. So far I am unable to do this without first saving the pdf file to my desktop then dragging and droping it onto a CD-RW. I would like to skip this first step and simply save and burn the pdf file directly to the CD-RW then add to it at a later date. I would like to use the CD-RW similar to a floppy disk. Will purchasing Easy CD & DVD Burning solve my problem? I am also using adobe reader X to read pdf files.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

What you want can't be done in XP without some additional old software. You would need the previous [no longer sold] version of Easy CD & DVD Burning, or a copy of the old Easy Media Creator version 9 or earlier.

To save a PDF directly to a drive letter as you want to do, you need to have a "packet-writing" program such as Roxio's 'Direct CD' or 'Drag to Disc', or Sonic's 'Drive Letter Access' [DLA].

These programs were dropped by Sonic/Roxio 4 or so years back. Easy Media Creator 9 was the last Roxio Creator suite to have a packet-writer. The company instead went on to develop the 'Live File System' which is provided as Windows 7's default built-in disc packet-writing system. [see Win 7 Help and Support for details and method.]

The Live File System might do what you want in Windows 7, but until then I'm afraid you're stuck with saving the file to your HD and then burning it in a session to your CD-RW. If it helps, you could do exactly what you want in XP by using a USB pendrive.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you Brendon. If I can get a copy of Easy CD & DVD Burning, or a copy of the old Easy Media Creator version 9 or earlier software, can I then, using these programs, format the CD-RW as a floppy disk in Windows XP home edition?

~Diane

Hello Diane,

I've sent you a Private Message with some thoughts on this. If you look up near the top of the page you should see "Messenger (1 new)". Please click on that to receive the message.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived