Natcherylawakening

Audio & Video out of sync on IPod. Help!

Question

:)

Just got Popcorn 2, and was able to burn a DVD fine to my computer. But the same DVD, when transferred to iPod, is out of wack. The video is a few seconds slower than the audio. I tried to copy it from an image file, as well as Video TS. None worked. Can I customize speed, or do something, in options before burning to help? Please help!

Thanks

10 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

if you try to play the file on your Mac, is it also out of sync?

So the converted iPod video file plays fine on your computer, after transfering to your iPod, that is when it goes out of sync?

Yes, the DVD plays fine on computer. It is out of sync on iPod, whether copied from DVD, or computer image file.

:) I just started converting my DVD Video_TS folders to iPod.

DVDs that I make with Popcorn-2 work great as long as I 'condition' them with DVD2One first.

All of the iPod videos have the sound out of sync - seems to be about 1 second ahead.

Its out of sync in QuickTime and iTunes.

Tried different settings for the conversion including 'Custom' and they all have the same result.

iMac G5 20in, 1gig mem, 250hd.

Surprized more people have not written about this.

Are we the only ones having problems???

Please answer this question directly:

Does the file, after it has been converted by Popcorn, play properly on the Macintosh, before you transfer it to the iPod?

I am having the same problem, and YES it plays just fine on my Mac, but has issues on the iPod. WHY? WHY? WHY?!?!?!

:)

Thanks for any help!

Please answer this question directly:

Does the file, after it has been converted by Popcorn, play properly on the Macintosh, before you transfer it to the iPod?

:angry2: I bought this application on weekend and was disappointed. I converted a DVD out from a Video_TS folder. I 'd select Custom, Transcoding to ipod high quality and mark the second language (german) from the dvd. After transcoding i checked the mpeg4 movie as first with quicktime. Result: Sound and Video out of sync and the spoken language was english!??

What happens?

My Configuration is:

MacPro 2,66 Tiger 10.4.9 4 Harddisks with together 3TB (4x750GB) mirrored

:angry2: I bought this application on weekend and was disappointed. I converted a DVD out from a Video_TS folder. I 'd select Custom, Transcoding to ipod high quality and mark the second language (german) from the dvd. After transcoding i checked the mpeg4 movie as first with quicktime. Result: Sound and Video out of sync and the spoken language was english!??

What happens?

My Configuration is:

MacPro 2,66 Tiger 10.4.9 4 Harddisks with together 3TB (4x750GB) mirrored

If you did a custom... try making the sample rate recommended this helps with audio sync errors... as for the issue with English and German, try using popcorn to strip out the English all the together and make (uncheck English audio) it a disc image file...(using the burn Video_TS like you would a DVD) however go to file menu and select image... once you have the dvd image... open that up and rip it to ipod using your custom settings, and sample rate as recommended...hope this works.

Edited by OSMacintosh