• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slideshow

Bird

Question

11 answers to this question

I'm trying to build a slide show containing 6 or 7 distinct sections, each of which I would like to associate to a different audio track. I can't figure out how to do that. Is it doable with the EMC 8 suite?

If I am understanding you correctly, yes it is. I see you have posted in Photo, which part of the suite are you using to put your slideshow together with? Which EMC 8 suite do you have? If you are in videowave constructing your project, which you should be, switch to timeline and you will see various audio tracks. Click on the + in the icon area to open up the menu for the different tracks and make sure all of them are checked. The number available depend on which suite you have. If you could give us more info, such as what procedures you have taken to put together your slideshow.

If I am understanding you correctly, yes it is. I see you have posted in Photo, which part of the suite are you using to put your slideshow together with? Which EMC 8 suite do you have? If you are in videowave constructing your project, which you should be, switch to timeline and you will see various audio tracks. Click on the + in the icon area to open up the menu for the different tracks and make sure all of them are checked. The number available depend on which suite you have. If you could give us more info, such as what procedures you have taken to put together your slideshow.

Thanks Patty,

I guess I have the standard EMC 8 suite, and I am using Videowave to construct my slide show.

I begin the procedure by adding multiple photos from My Pictures. Then I added four different CD tracks. However, in the Timeline view, only the first track is there. When I click the + icon (show/hide tracks), I get a menu where "Show Audio Tracks (Native and Music)" are checked, but when I click OK, nothing appears to have chaned. There is another + icon with the music symbol, but it is greyed out, so I can't use it.

I have managed to decrease the time the one music track plays, but no others appear.

So what did you tell the program when it asked you how you wanted to insert the audio ??

I guess adding the audio files one at a time was the answer, for some reason.

Frank...

I had three options:

Add on music reack

Add on spind effect track

Add on internal music track of the selected panel

I chose the first one.

Thanks Patty,

I guess I have the standard EMC 8 suite, and I am using Videowave to construct my slide show.

I begin the procedure by adding multiple photos from My Pictures. Then I added four different CD tracks. However, in the Timeline view, only the first track is there. When I click the + icon (show/hide tracks), I get a menu where "Show Audio Tracks (Native and Music)" are checked, but when I click OK, nothing appears to have chaned. There is another + icon with the music symbol, but it is greyed out, so I can't use it.

I have managed to decrease the time the one music track plays, but no others appear.

Do you have enough images and is the image duration long enough to play all the music? Try this. In storyline view click the little speaker icon near the bottom of the VideoWave screen - it may be a double click. A pop up screen will appear and list the music cuts. (See image).

The image is a little off because that speaker icon is visible before the window appears. I got to learn that new screen shot capture program. :)

Also, make sure the music is in a compatable format such as mp3 or wav. You will not be able to use on-line bought music (such as from iTunes) in VideoWave directly. In the future you may want to just drag the music to the music and other tracks directly in the timeline view.

I had three options:

Add on music reack

Add on spind effect track

Add on internal music track of the selected panel

I chose the first one.

That's special effect track.

In the future try dragging the music to two different audio tracks in VideoWave Timeline view. Use two alternating tracks. It is anoying but V8 add the next piece of music to the beginning of the track or to the end of the previous track rather than to the place the marker is. Just drag the music to the right location.. Doing that, you can blend one track with the next so it is seamless (almost) if you ever want to do that. (Image)

Do you have enough images and is the image duration long enough to play all the music? Try this. In storyline view click the little speaker icon near the bottom of the VideoWave screen - it may be a double click. A pop up screen will appear and list the music cuts. (See image).

The image is a little off because that speaker icon is visible before the window appears. I got to learn that new screen shot capture program. :)

Also, make sure the music is in a compatable format such as mp3 or wav. You will not be able to use on-line bought music (such as from iTunes) in VideoWave directly. In the future you may want to just drag the music to the music and other tracks directly in the timeline view.

Thank you for your help. Problem solved. :huh:

That's great BIRD that you solved your problem. :) Now how about telling us and any other posters that might have that problem just HOW you solved the problem.

Frank....

I honestly don't know. When I first began the project I added several audio tracks at the same time, but could only see the first one. The next time around, I added them one at a time, as I developed my project, and I was getting a message asking me how I wanted to insert the audio. I didn't recall seeing that message before. Now I can see, and edit each track along the slide show.

I guess it's just a matter of familiarizing myself with the product through more use.

Bird

Archived