• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Performance And Processors

limakid

Question

7 answers to this question

Does roxio EMC 7.5 work good on AMD Athlon processor? What about AMD Turion 64? I heard that those processors are good to work with media/ Any person who has some of this processors can tell me their experiences? Thx.
I have an AMD athlon, and it has worked fine for me.

I can't imagine why the "make" of the "Processor" in a computer would have anything to do with how well any program including Roxio's EMC would perform. One might ask the same question about "Intel's" processor. How fast the processor is, What type "cache" (Li, L2) and how much, and the speed of the front side bus (FSB) will no doubt have an influence on how EMC performs, but not just the manufacturers name.

What AMD processor were you thinking about ? All of the above functions along with the type, amount and speed of memory installed on the MB has a lot to do with any program that does rendering of video etc. My guess is that there are numerous persons using Roxio's EMC program that are running an AMD processor with good results. Larry didn't specify which specific AMD processor he was running, but if his works very well that might be something that you would be interested in knowing.

Frank..........

I can't imagine why the "make" of the "Processor" in a computer would have anything to do with how well any program including Roxio's EMC would perform. One might ask the same question about "Intel's" processor. How fast the processor is, What type "cache" (Li, L2) and how much, and the speed of the front side bus (FSB) will no doubt have an influence on how EMC performs, but not just the manufacturers name.

What AMD processor were you thinking about ? All of the above functions along with the type, amount and speed of memory installed on the MB has a lot to do with any program that does rendering of video etc. My guess is that there are numerous persons using Roxio's EMC program that are running an AMD processor with good results. Larry didn't specify which specific AMD processor he was running, but if his works very well that might be something that you would be interested in knowing.

Frank..........

Didn't fully list it as it is in my signature. There are times it can make a difference, depending on the program and how it is written to use the CPU. During the Beta testing for 8 I recall that there were some things that came up that turned out to be processor specific that needed tweaking.

Another thing I neglected to comment on was the poster mentioned the AMD Turion 64. I am not that familiar with AMD processors but is that one of their newer 64 bit processors ? And not being familiar with the latest version of Roxios EMC (8), I'm not sure if the newer 64 bit processors are compatible with EMC 8. That would have been a better reply than the one I gave and what the poster was possibly interested in knowing.

Frank........

Another thing I neglected to comment on was the poster mentioned the AMD Turion 64. I am not that familiar with AMD processors but is that one of their newer 64 bit processors ? And not being familiar with the latest version of Roxios EMC (8), I'm not sure if the newer 64 bit processors are compatible with EMC 8. That would have been a better reply than the one I gave and what the poster was possibly interested in knowing.

Frank........

It looks like the Turion is their latest 64 for notebooks (mobile only).

64 bit processors are not an issue with any of the Roxio software, it's the 64 bit Operating Systems that are not compatible at all until v8.

Good Observation Larry. I didn't know about the 64 bit processors and Roxio's software and I also didn't know if the version 8 was compatable with the 64 bit operating systems. However, I have been reading about the 64 bit operating systems and quite a few times I have read where there are not that many software programs out there yet that are. And I surely neglected to cursor down to see all of the particulars about your system. My bad !

Frank..........

I have the 64 bit bus on my new computer. I find that my Pinnacle Software will NOT allow me to burn a DVD from an MPEG that had been edited and created by Pinnacle Studio 9.

I wounder if the Roxio will allow me to burn such an MPEG to DVD?

Since January, what have you learned about making a DVD?

Terence the Newbie

Archived