• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Convert Cd Format To Dvd Format?

phil54

Question

I have store-bought Nat Geo CDs that can only be used on a computer. I would like to put them on a DVD so that they can be played in the living room on a DVD player.

Is the Roxio V9 that came with Windows 7 capable of converting the CDs? If so, how do you do it? I have searched the Internet but can't find anything to help me.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

I have store-bought Nat Geo CDs that can only be used on a computer. I would like to put them on a DVD so that they can be played in the living room on a DVD player.

Is the Roxio V9 that came with Windows 7 capable of converting the CDs? If so, how do you do it? I have searched the Internet but can't find anything to help me.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any Roxio version that comes with Windows 7. Do you have a new computer?

There is no such program as Roxio V9. Please give the full name of the program you are referring to. Launch the program and state what it says under Help/About.

I don't know of any Roxio version that comes with Windows 7. Do you have a new computer?

There is no such program as Roxio V9. Please give the full name of the program you are referring to. Launch the program and state what it says under Help/About.

Thanks for your reply. I had purchased my computer 2007 that came with Windows Vista and I upgraded to Windows 7 last year. Apparently Roxio was on the computer prior to the upgrade, the PC manufacturer (Compaq) must have installed it. My bad.

It is called: Roxio Creator Basic v9 (Version 9 came out in 2006....according to Help/About. Thanks again.

There may be portions of that program that will run in Win7 but not much! I think Brendon has 'milked' Ver 9 for all it is worth :lol: He will be along a little later and can advise on that.

A "Nat Geo CD" is a pretty vague description... Can you be more specific, perhaps put the CD in your drive and Explore it to see what it on it?

If the Tools portion on your Ver 9 is working what does it have to say about the discs?

I have a set which looks like this in Explorer if I attempt to install it:

post-39730-080264500 1310939064.jpg

(actually it mentions Win3.1 or Win95 in the README.TXT :lol:)

However the images are jpeg are are usable if I wanted to convert them into a Slideshow:

post-39730-011431200 1310939068.jpg

Of course there are copywrite considerations I would have to look into :huh:

Archived