System freezes due to drag and drop

lynnp

Question

I have a new install of EMC 8 on a Toshiba laptop with just a cd burner. Everytime I try to launch the Classic Burner the system stops responding and I have to remove the battery to get the system to shut down. Drag n Drop seems to be the file that's causing this. Is there a fix out there for this? :)

4 answers to this question

I have a new install of EMC 8 on a Toshiba laptop with just a cd burner. Everytime I try to launch the Classic Burner the system stops responding and I have to remove the battery to get the system to shut down. Drag n Drop seems to be the file that's causing this. Is there a fix out there for this? :)

Sure, remove Drag to Disc! this can be done from the Control Panel/Add-Remove programs. Just choose to do a modify install, removing D2D. It's possible that your system came with pre-installed software and has a conflicting similar program installed. Perhaps Sonic DLA or Nero InCD. Only 1 can be installed on a system or you'll run into problems.

Just in case you can't uninstall it from the control panel you can go to Start,Run and type in msconfig and hit enter.When it comes up go to the startup tab,scrool down until you find DragtoDisc and uncheck the box.Restart your computer and D2D won't start when your system boots.You will get a box that pops up telling you that you have altered your startup config,just tell it to ignore and not tell you again.

Archived