• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I Have Tried A Million Times To Get This Thing To Work And It Won't

the8thman

Question

Well I tried this thing again because my husband wants me to and I can't get it to work

Why do I always have to struggle somehow to get a Roxio product to work or it doesn't at all and why

do I keep trying to do this?

I guess there is no hope and the bad part is it always screws something else up on my computer and

then you get some guy trying to calm you down and you have wasted hours and hours with nothing to

show for it and somehow it is all your fault even though you paid your money did what you were told and then

get nothing.

and I don't even do these forums. I don't know how.

4 answers to this question

Well I tried this thing again because my husband wants me to and I can't get it to work

Why do I always have to struggle somehow to get a Roxio product to work or it doesn't at all and why

I guess there is no hope and the bad part is it always screws something else up on my computer and

then you get some guy trying to calm you down and you have wasted hours and hours with nothing to

show for it and somehow it is all your fault even though you paid your money did what you were told and then

get nothing.

If you would like some help please post the issue and this info.

Tell us what happened

The more data you give us, the better. The Community's ability to resolve your issue is dependent on being able to understand not just an error code, but what contributed to your project.

* Error code or issue:

* What kind of project were you working on:

* What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them?

* Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process?

* Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about?

* Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what?

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

* Operating System (including service packs):

* Make:

* Model:

* Video card

* Processor speed:

* RAM:

* Free hard drive space:

* I last did an operating system update on:

This information will help our community members reduce the amount of followup questions and speedup troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Support

the8thman

We are just fellow users on here (not Roxio) who will try and help you, but we need information from you.

Answer the questions that cdanteek asked you, and we will go from there, we have no knowledge of what transpired with whoever you were talking too. Try to provide as much info as possible of your problem.

We don't know what version of Easy VHS to DVD you have (http://forums.suppor...sion-do-i-have/ ) , what Operating System you have XP/Vista/Win 7, how you have your VHS hooked up to the USB device, etc etc.

You could also go here http://forums.support.roxio.com/forum/216-easy-vhs-to-dvd/ and read some of the other post's that are there and get some ideas of what we are looking for, some of the "Pinned" post's at the top may also be of help to you

get nothing.

I agree with this user completely. I've tried (on my Windows 7 machine) for over 16 hours to get this thing running, and with multiple assists from their technical staff, have gotten absolutely nowhere. I can't even get the device drivers to install on my machine. After the setup, the Video Capture and USB Audio Device which should show up in the Device Manager under Sounds are utterly missing. They send me to a link to install the driver updates, which causes an error "The update is not applicable to your computer" and locks up not completed, which I have to End Process from the Task Manager. So, when I insert the Capture Device, all I get is a "Device not recognized" message. Should I even care at this point? (Yes, I have all the newest display drivers and apps, and yes, I've run msconfig and turned everything off prior to the install, and yes, I've tried all my USB II ports.) I dunno, this doesn't seem "EASY" to me!

I agree with this user completely. I've tried (on my Windows 7 machine) for over 16 hours to get this thing running, and with multiple assists from their technical staff, have gotten absolutely nowhere. I can't even get the device drivers to install on my machine. After the setup, the Video Capture and USB Audio Device which should show up in the Device Manager under Sounds are utterly missing. They send me to a link to install the driver updates, which causes an error "The update is not applicable to your computer" and locks up not completed, which I have to End Process from the Task Manager. So, when I insert the Capture Device, all I get is a "Device not recognized" message. Should I even care at this point? (Yes, I have all the newest display drivers and apps, and yes, I've run msconfig and turned everything off prior to the install, and yes, I've tried all my USB II ports.) I dunno, this doesn't seem "EASY" to me!

What version do you have?

Is it a W-7 compatible version?

Archived