• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bd Playback

Chotch30

Question

When I try to playback a BD, I get a message indicating "Playback of this copy protected disc requires a digital monitor with HDCP protection." I have it connected to an HD TV. It also references taking off "Clone mode" and restarting the application. Please advise.

11 answers to this question

I did read the articles and excuse me for being a computer novice, but is there anyway to get an older HD TV HDCP compliant?

You keep missing the Easy Answer:lol:

You have to change the way you hook up to the TV!

You cannot use HDMI cable!

You cannot use a DVI cable!

You can only use Component (YPbPr), Composite(Y,W,R) or VGA cables…

Contact your TV manufacture and when they tell you the same thing, give them a piece of your mind!!! ;)

You keep missing the Easy Answer:lol:

You have to change the way you hook up to the TV!

You cannot use HDMI cable!

You cannot use a DVI cable!

You can only use Component (YPbPr), Composite(Y,W,R) or VGA cables…

Contact your TV manufacture and when they tell you the same thing, give them a piece of your mind!!! ;)

Ok, one more question; Would a HDMI/Component adapter work?

When I try to playback a BD, I get a message indicating "Playback of this copy protected disc requires a digital monitor with HDCP protection." I have it connected to an HD TV. It also references taking off "Clone mode" and restarting the application. Please advise.

HDCP has little to do with Roxio and a lot to do with your computer or blu-ray DVD player and TV or monitor..

Read this or if you want a layman's article read this.

Ok, one more question; Would a HDMI/Component adapter work?

Not knowing your exact setup I would not want to venture a guess… :huh:

One like THIS will work.

If it is just a simple adapter plug (HDMI to VGA), NO

In any case, ASK before you buy, and make absolutely sure you understand their RETURN Policy :lol:

I'm running an HDMI from my notebook to an Sony HD TV. My specific question is whether an HDMI to Component cable adapter to the TV would eliminate the HDCP issue.

Probably not because your using the HDMI from the PC.

What other hookups are available? Analog from the PC to TV?

That's how I get around it, use a VGA from the PC to a monitor that is not HDCP compliant. If I use DVI from the PC to the monitor I get the HDCP warning, kapeesh?

I get the same warning connected to a monitor with a DVI connection because my monitor is not HDCP compliant same same your HD TV. Connecting it with a VGA cable (analog hole) it works without the warning. Do you have that option?

Archived