Sign in to follow this  
DennisToast

Toast 11 And Os X 10.7 Lion

Question

Does it work? 10 has issues with Mac2Tivo so I may have to upgrade to use Lion. I personally confirmed this.

Anyone else? Any idea? Specifically on TiVo part.

20 answers to this question

I can confirm that Mac2Tivo 1,2,0 does not work with Lion. It will require an update from Roxio.

I can also confirm that Mac2Tivo RXTivoServer crashes on Lion. (It is my only critical app that crashes on Lion - Mrs is not impressed... )

Process: RXTivoServer [1163]

Path: /Applications/Toast 10 Titanium/Mac2Tivo.app/Contents/Resources/RXTivoServer.app/Contents/MacOS/RXTivoServer

Identifier: com.roxio.RXTivoServer

Version: ??? (1.0)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: Mac2Tivo [1160]

Date/Time: 2011-07-23 09:40:04.446 +1000

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.7 (11A511)

Report Version: 9

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000[/font]

Does it work? 10 has issues with Mac2Tivo so I may have to upgrade to use Lion. I personally confirmed this.

Anyone else? Any idea? Specifically on TiVo part.

Broken here too.

Broken here too.

Yes, Me Too. I wish it was listed among the Issues on Roxio's Lion Compatibility Notice. I would have deferred installing Lion on the computer I use to serve the Tivo.

Can anyone connect to TiVo with TiVo Transfer and Lion OS 10.7? The application launches on Lion but no TiVo DVR's are listed.

Thanks,

Jeff

Can anyone connect to TiVo with TiVo Transfer and Lion OS 10.7? The application launches on Lion but no TiVo DVR's are listed.

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes, TiVo Transfer works for me in Lion. Make certain you are using version 2.0.

Tsantee,

When in TiVo Transfer I click:

* About TiVo Transfer = Version 2.0

* Check for updates = reports back 2.1.0

I downloaded/paid for the Toast 11 Pro version Saturday. It would not load. I saw your help about looking for the update and downloaded it.

Toast finally loaded and I could see TiVo Transfer. Loaded my MAK. no luck.

I tried loading the package on my son's MAC OS 10.5.8 and it works great!

But this is really not where I want it.

I have also tried pyTiVo and iTiVo. They both work on the 10.5.8 MAC but not the 10.7 machine.

I have turned off firewalls temporally... Still no luck.

It may not be software? What could it be?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff in Hillsboro, Oregon :)

Tsantee,

When in TiVo Transfer I click:

* About TiVo Transfer = Version 2.0

* Check for updates = reports back 2.1.0

I downloaded/paid for the Toast 11 Pro version Saturday. It would not load. I saw your help about looking for the update and downloaded it.

Toast finally loaded and I could see TiVo Transfer. Loaded my MAK. no luck.

I tried loading the package on my son's MAC OS 10.5.8 and it works great!

But this is really not where I want it.

I have also tried pyTiVo and iTiVo. They both work on the 10.5.8 MAC but not the 10.7 machine.

I have turned off firewalls temporally... Still no luck.

It may not be software? What could it be?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff in Hillsboro, Oregon :)

Gotta help a fellow Oregonian but unfortunately I'm feeling stymied. Go to this article to see if any of it is helpful.

Ok your help was 10x better than the ticket i put in to Roxio. Everything they suggested was for Windows! Toast is an Apple product right?

I need your help checking your system:

#

* Under the Java applet versions box, select J2SE 5.0 32-bit.

* Under the Java application versions box, select J2SE 5.0 32-bit.

* Close the window.

*** I can only check both 32 and 64 bit in Lion...both or nothing. It this true in your system?

# Verify that your network sharing settings are correct on your Mac under Network in System Preferences.

*** is there an easy test to see if Lion and TiVo can talk on the network? 10.5.8 (my son's computer) wireless to the wireless router works

# Disable any firewall settings in the Sharing options for your network in System Preferences.

*** Ok..I disables the Firewall in OS 10.7 and my VirusBarrier x6 (not happy about doing this)

# Disable the TiVo Desktop sharing option and server under TiVo Desktop in System Preferences.

*** I deleted Tivo Desktop sharing program.

Rebooted computer...still no luck.

I should be getting the new TiVo Premiere HD box any day now. I have had a Toshibia Series 2 box with DVD burner for 10 years.

I want to ditch the 20 hr Comcast box at $20/month for the $14.95 HD DVR after it is all setp.

Thanks in Advance!

Jeff :D

Ok your help was 10x better than the ticket i put in to Roxio. Everything they suggested was for Windows! Toast is an Apple product right?

I need your help checking your system:

#

* Under the Java applet versions box, select J2SE 5.0 32-bit.

* Under the Java application versions box, select J2SE 5.0 32-bit.

* Close the window.

*** I can only check both 32 and 64 bit in Lion...both or nothing. It this true in your system?

# Verify that your network sharing settings are correct on your Mac under Network in System Preferences.

*** is there an easy test to see if Lion and TiVo can talk on the network? 10.5.8 (my son's computer) wireless to the wireless router works

# Disable any firewall settings in the Sharing options for your network in System Preferences.

*** Ok..I disables the Firewall in OS 10.7 and my VirusBarrier x6 (not happy about doing this)

# Disable the TiVo Desktop sharing option and server under TiVo Desktop in System Preferences.

*** I deleted Tivo Desktop sharing program.

Rebooted computer...still no luck.

I should be getting the new TiVo Premiere HD box any day now. I have had a Toshibia Series 2 box with DVD burner for 10 years.

I want to ditch the 20 hr Comcast box at $20/month for the $14.95 HD DVR after it is all setp.

Thanks in Advance!

Jeff :D

I really enjoy my TiVo Premiere. Only thing you lose by dropping the Comcast box is the On Demand programming. Maybe it will all magically work when you connect it.

My Java preferences show Java SE 6 and both the 32-bit and 64-bit are checked.

The only sharing preferences I have checked are File Sharing, Remote Apple Events and Bluetooth sharing (have no clue why I would need Bluetooth sharing for anything, but I haven't bothered disabling it).

I have no third-party virus app or firewall app running. That may be the source of the problem, although turning it off didn't seem to change anything. If it is the problem then I expect you could turn it off when using TiVo Transfer and turn it back on when you're done. That got me looking into my Firewall setting in the System Preferences Security panel. I had Firewall turned off. When I turned it on a window popped up asking if I wanted to allow TiVoDesktop for incoming connections. I clicked allow and TiVoDesktop appears in the list of allowed applications. I also have the box checked to allow signed software. TiVo Transfer continues to work with these settings active. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I wasn't aware that I had Firewall turned off.

TiVo Desktop is turned on in System Preferences and is working.

Maybe this info can be of help.

Humm... I don't have TiVo Desktop running in my system preferences....

So you need TiVo Desktop to make TiVo Transfer to work?

I thought I read on the support page that this needs to be turned off.

I will re-install TiVo Desktop.

Thanks!

Jeff

Humm... I don't have TiVo Desktop running in my system preferences....

So you need TiVo Desktop to make TiVo Transfer to work?

I thought I read on the support page that this needs to be turned off.

I will re-install TiVo Desktop.

Thanks!

Jeff

My guess is that TiVo Desktop and TiVo Transfer are unrelated unless the Firewall permission is the same for both. TiVo Desktop is so the TiVo can display your photos and play your music from your Mac so it allows the TiVo access to certain shared folders on the Mac.

I added TiVo Desktop...it did not help.

My Java preferences show Java SE 6 and both the 32-bit and 64-bit are checked.

I will have to work on it more tonight.....

Ok I got my TiVo Premier up and running this morning. It is directly connected (wired) to the router port my iMac 10.7 is connected to.

I do not my Series 2 (wireless) or the new TiVo Premier in TiVo Transfer.

I double checked the MAK. You only have on MAK for the 2 DVR's correct?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Jeff in Hillsboro.

Ok I got my TiVo Premier up and running this morning. It is directly connected (wired) to the router port my iMac 10.7 is connected to.

I do not my Series 2 (wireless) or the new TiVo Premier in TiVo Transfer.

I double checked the MAK. You only have on MAK for the 2 DVR's correct?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Jeff in Hillsboro.

I'm just guessing at this point but it must be a firewall issue blocking the incoming connection. Open System Profiler and look at the Network>Firewall report. Does it say that File Sharing (AFP,SMB) allows all connections? I wonder what result you'd get if you start up your Mac in Safe mode. Here are the instructions for doing that:

Starting up in “safe mode” may help you to diagnose problems you’re having with your computer.

Shut down your computer and wait 10 seconds.

Press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key.

You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator (spinning gear).

To leave safe mode, restart the computer normally without holding down any keys during startup.

Edited by tsantee

It shows as:

Firewall Settings:

Mode: Allow all incoming connections

Firewall Logging: Yes

Stealth Mode: Yes

Trying Safe mode now. Will report back Thanks! Jeff

It works in SAFE MODE! :)

Now I need to find out what is blocking the TiVo Transfer?

Could be something with my Intego/VirusBarrier X6 Firewall software.

I will work that route.

Thank you for the directions!

I will let you know how it works.

Thanks,

Jeff

It is working, Thank you for all your help.

It was my VirusBarrier X6 and their internal Firewall that blocked TiVo Transfer.

-----

Please open VirusBarrier X6 and click the word VirusBarrier in the top menu bar. Choose Preferences from the drop down menu and click the Advanced icon in the new window that appears. Now, please click 'Revert to Default' and enter your admin user password. Then, please close this window and test again.

Intego Support Team

--------

Thanks again!

Jeff from Hillsboro