What Is The Best Way Of Saving Projects?

Lies

Question

I have a problem of finding my project back. I think I don't save them correctly. Do I save them as an iso image or save it in a map. I get three options to save and I don't now what is the best.

I don't dare saving in the middle of a project because I can't find it back to continue my project.

I hope that someone can explain it to me.

greatings Lies

8 answers to this question

Where do you get three options to save? What program from C2011 are you using? I don't understand what you mean by "save it in a map".. Where do you see that?

What do you mean by "saving your project"? In Roxio terminology it means that you use the "Save As" or "Save" option under File from the menu bar. This will create a file (you can name it) with an extension such as dmsm (for Videowave) or dmsd (for myDVD), etc. and will be saved to a folder that you specify. These project files do not contain any video but only the list of resources used and the edit instructions, etc.

I did not use the correct name. Map is the dutch word for file. I thought that what you save is the video that you make in video wave. What do I do then when I have saved a part of my project I have made in Video Wave and I want to continue by putting in more video or photo's?

I have options when I am going to burn my video,1 i can burn it, 2 i can make an iso-file(i think is the name) and 3 i can make a folder.

I did not use the correct name. Map is the dutch word for file. I thought that what you save is the video that you make in video wave. What do I do then when I have saved a part of my project I have made in Video Wave and I want to continue by putting in more video or photo's?

I have options when I am going to burn my video,1 i can burn it, 2 i can make an iso-file(i think is the name) and 3 i can make a folder.

For saving. Use the File command on the top left of the Video Wave window. For the first time you start a project, select to "Save As". A window will open where you can name and select the location you wan it saved. I suggest "My Videos". When you close and reopen Video Wave, there should be a window that asks if you want to open an existing project. Do you see that?

Note: It is very helpful to create a new folder on your computer and put all the video, images (pictures) and music that you will use in the project. Then when you use save as, you can select that folder.

In MyDVD, you can save your project as a project file by going to the same File "Save project as" This is good if you know that you have created a special menu, added different music to a menu or know you want to add some additional content. Thts save as project is saving what you see in the preview screen.

The 3 options you see are for when you are sure that you do not want to make any changes and want the program to encode (render) you project to burn to a disc.

When you go to burn, in MyDVD (Create DVD), you have three options

1) Burn your project to disc. That will encode the videos (projects) you have added and the menu and burn it to a disc. Once it is burned, you cannot change it,

2) Burn (encode) to an ISO file, The program essentially does all of the above but does not burn to a disc. It is an exact image of what would be on a disc. If you are making more than one disc of what you want to put on a DVD, you can just use Video Copay and Convert to burn the ISO to a disc. You cannot just copy the ISO. You cannot easily edit the ISO file.

3) The third option is not folder it is "folder set". This is similar to an ISO but you could add additional folders on the disc if there is space. Read about folder set here. As above, you can use Video Copy and Convert to burn the folder set to a disc.

With the above, do you have the answer to your original question? The original post is a little confusing.

I posted a Topic some time ago regarding Planning and Portability, Here.

See if that is of any use to you. ;)

An ISO isn’t going to work. ISO's are actually a “picture of a disc” and frozen-in-time to the minute it was made…

With a VideoWave or MyDVD Project you need to save the Project as well as EVERYTHING connected with it!!!

When you use "Save" or "Save As" you are only "saving" your project, that is the list of instructions on how to create the video. After saving you can later "Open" the same project again to add add to your project or make other modifications. You do not create any video until you use the Output task.

For saving. Use the File command on the top left of the Video Wave window. For the first time you start a project, select to "Save As". A window will open where you can name and select the location you wan it saved. I suggest "My Videos". When you close and reopen Video Wave, there should be a window that asks if you want to open an existing project. Do you see that?

Note: It is very helpful to create a new folder on your computer and put all the video, images (pictures) and music that you will use in the project. Then when you use save as, you can select that folder.

In MyDVD, you can save your project as a project file by going to the same File "Save project as" This is good if you know that you have created a special menu, added different music to a menu or know you want to add some additional content. Thts save as project is saving what you see in the preview screen.

The 3 options you see are for when you are sure that you do not want to make any changes and want the program to encode (render) you project to burn to a disc.

When you go to burn, in MyDVD (Create DVD), you have three options

1) Burn your project to disc. That will encode the videos (projects) you have added and the menu and burn it to a disc. Once it is burned, you cannot change it,

2) Burn (encode) to an ISO file, The program essentially does all of the above but does not burn to a disc. It is an exact image of what would be on a disc. If you are making more than one disc of what you want to put on a DVD, you can just use Video Copay and Convert to burn the ISO to a disc. You cannot just copy the ISO. You cannot easily edit the ISO file.

3) The third option is not folder it is "folder set". This is similar to an ISO but you could add additional folders on the disc if there is space. Read about folder set here. As above, you can use Video Copy and Convert to burn the folder set to a disc.

With the above, do you have the answer to your original question? The original post is a little confusing.

I have looked in video wave and i can open an existing project so i think that i have done it the correct way. Your explaination is very clear and helpfull. I think that i understand it better know. Thank you very much.

greatings Lies

I have a problem of finding my project back. I think I don't save them correctly. Do I save them as an iso image or save it in a map. I get three options to save and I don't now what is the best.

I don't dare saving in the middle of a project because I can't find it back to continue my project.

greatings Lies

Three options? What application are you using? What kind of projects?

greatings Lies

Where do you get three options to save? What program from C2011 are you using? I don't understand what you mean by "save it in a map".. Where do you see that?

What do you mean by "saving your project"? In Roxio terminology it means that you use the "Save As" or "Save" option under File from the menu bar. This will create a file (you can name it) with an extension such as dmsm (for Videowave) or dmsd (for myDVD), etc. and will be saved to a folder that you specify. These project files do not contain any video but only the list of resources used and the edit instructions, etc.

Archived