• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Chapter Just Hangs...and Hangs....

Donnie Narco

Question

I am attempting to create a Blu-Ray off a 5.2GB file that I import into MyDVD. It imports successfully, but when I click on the Edit Chapters, the Chapter Window pops up and it just hangs indefinitely...even getting to Windows saying Not Responding. I have the file on an external eSATA drive, but I have also tried copying the file to a local partition just to see if it was the eSATA...not the eSATA. I have also tried running the program as an Administrator, but that didnt help either.

I am running Windows 7 Pro, all updates, 3.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTS 250.

Any ideas?? I am at a complete loss as to how in the hell I am supposed to make this $100 program work! I have YET to burn a SINGLE BLU-RAY......

6 answers to this question

It is a Blu-Ray rip, so it is an .MKV (x264) file and came from my collection of Japanese movies.

*EDIT* And it is 5.25GB a little over an hour and a half.

Probably not legal to copy… :(

Still, it should not behave that way!

I suggest that you do the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to install of the Suite, only pick Repair when it is offered.

Updates to Roxio will have to be installed again.

Net 3.5 DOES apply - MS caused confusion by using the same name (with a different number) for both DirectX and dotNET. The later numbers are NOT 'updates' - they're different apps and you DO need all of them

Thanks for that advise, I installed 3.5 and directx9 as you said and while the chapters part of MyDVD still crashes at different points and just seems overall a bit unstable, it is less unstable and it got me further on than before, so mush so that at least it enabled me to finish that small project, thus I am happy. I don't use this feature often so I am not too concerned about it being unstable as all the other elements I use in Roxio get me by. Thanks again for the advise.

Hi There

I have the same problem, with chapters hanging. Have looked around the forum and didn't see any answers. Did you get yours fixed. I have 2 windows 7 pro pc's with 2 licensed Roxio 2011 and both have the same issue, I just upgraded one of the licenses to the new Roxio 2012 in the hope that this fix might be there but alas no, just spend a pile of euro for nothing. Noted an earlier post relating to .net 3.5 but don't think that applies for Win7 .net 4 etc directx 11. correct me if I am wrong here. The project is quite a small one, 3 * mp4 files, no bigger than about 500mb and just want to add the names of each into chapters for a dvd. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am attempting to create a Blu-Ray off a 5.2GB file that I import into MyDVD. It imports successfully, but when I click on the Edit Chapters, the Chapter Window pops up and it just hangs indefinitely...even getting to Windows saying Not Responding. I have the file on an external eSATA drive, but I have also tried copying the file to a local partition just to see if it was the eSATA...not the eSATA. I have also tried running the program as an Administrator, but that didnt help either.

I am running Windows 7 Pro, all updates, 3.2Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTS 250.

Any ideas?? I am at a complete loss as to how in the hell I am supposed to make this $100 program work! I have YET to burn a SINGLE BLU-RAY......

What format is the file? Where did it come from? How long in time is it?

Archived