• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help Please Rgc

stevesixotwo

Question

First the specs Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, service pack 2, 3 gigs RAM, and an ATI RADEON 4350 Graphics card. I recently purchased the Roxio Game Capture for console. After countless installs and phone calls to support I am no closer to resolving my issue. The Problem after a somewhat painless disk based install I double click the desktop icon and open the Roxio program. I have two buttons as normal CAPTURE and EDIT/SHARE I click the CAPTURE button and I am rewarded with a runtime error that states "This app has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact customer support". I have spent hours upon hours searching for a solution without luck. Below I will link the steps I have tried.

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000110CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en

In addition I was asked to go into CMD and do something with jscripts.dll and disable start up programs.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You.

7 answers to this question

First the specs Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit, service pack 2, 3 gigs RAM, and an ATI RADEON 4350 Graphics card. I recently purchased the Roxio Game Capture for console. After countless installs and phone calls to support I am no closer to resolving my issue. The Problem after a somewhat painless disk based install I double click the desktop icon and open the Roxio program. I have two buttons as normal CAPTURE and EDIT/SHARE I click the CAPTURE button and I am rewarded with a runtime error that states "This app has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact customer support". I have spent hours upon hours searching for a solution without luck. Below I will link the steps I have tried.

http://kb.roxio.com/...S=set-locale=en

In addition I was asked to go into CMD and do something with jscripts.dll and disable start up programs.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You.

Hi stevesixotwo

Windows Vista has a serious problem with RGC.

Even with service pack 2 the RGC will experience problems.

I suggest you switch to Windows 7. Your problems will be over.

Claudio

Whats TV Model??

My TV is LG 42º (HDTV ready only) too. But my TV get 1360x768 and RGC software work normal.

You have force this resolution?? Please, post your model and try this (1360x768)

Claudio

Panasonic th42px80u. I'll try the other res now...... Its a little better but I still have a lot of black around the edges.

Hi stevesixotwo

Windows Vista has a serious problem with RGC.

Even with service pack 2 the RGC will experience problems.

I suggest you switch to Windows 7. Your problems will be over.

Claudio

Ok I've installed Win7 pro and no more runtime error thank you. Now though it says my display setting dont meet the requirements and that it needs to be set to 1024x763 or higher and the color needs to be at least 16 bit. I changed it in Windows but it still says the same thing. Any suggestions?

Ok I've installed Win7 pro and no more runtime error thank you. Now though it says my display setting dont meet the requirements and that it needs to be set to 1024x763 or higher and the color needs to be at least 16 bit. I changed it in Windows but it still says the same thing. Any suggestions?

Its a problem with RGC software only.

Only install correct Windows RGC Drivers and use any other capture software.

Look here for it: Free record software tutorial

Test & reply.

Claudio

Its a problem with RGC software only.

Only install correct Windows RGC Drivers and use any other capture software.

Look here for it: Free record software tutorial

Test & reply.

Claudio

Claudio, thank you for your prompt reply. I actually asked you the wrong question about the screen resolution. My question is this roxio says it needs 1280x768 however my monitor is a 42" plasma TV That is 1280x720 so if I make the resolution 1280x768 my screen size is greatly reduced. Any suggestions.

Claudio, thank you for your prompt reply. I actually asked you the wrong question about the screen resolution. My question is this roxio says it needs 1280x768 however my monitor is a 42" plasma TV That is 1280x720 so if I make the resolution 1280x768 my screen size is greatly reduced. Any suggestions.

Whats TV Model??

My TV is LG 42º (HDTV ready only) too. But my TV get 1360x768 and RGC software work normal.

You have force this resolution?? Please, post your model and try this (1360x768)

Claudio

Archived