• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photosuite Color Settings

Pete1978

Question

Good morning all,

I am experiencing a color variation, for the same image, between what is displayed in Creator PhotoSuite and Windows Photo Viewer. I have used PhotoSuite for years and haven’t noticed such a difference in the past. I use Windows 7, a Dell 27” monitor and Spyder 3 Elite for monitor calibration.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced this and how rectify it.

Thanks so much,

Pete

8 answers to this question

Pete, I have a 23 inch Samsung monitor and use Spyder 2 to tune it. Could you post the image of both the application so we can see what you are seeing.

Here are mine; they are pretty close in color. The Windows viewer is more washed out in the examples. I am, like most men, slightly color blind.

All the images below are of the same image and have not been color corrected from the original in this comparison.

Roxio PhotoSuite

post-58-020547200 1312024389.jpg

Windows PhotoViewer.

post-58-028839300 1312024406.jpg

Edit ; Here is one from Adobe PhotoShop Elements 8:

post-58-008987500 1312025281.jpg

Here is one from LightZone.

post-58-035782300 1312025621.jpg

Good morning,

I don't notice any difference in the photos you have attached and I suspect you won't in my photos. There is comfort in knowing that you are experiencing the identical problem, with Windows Photo Viewer producing a washed-out image. This washing-out occurs with all my photos not just the one that have attached. It appears that you and I are victims of trying to reach perfection by employing Spyder. There might not be a remedy. I appreciate your efforts in helping me.

Thanks,

Pete

Good morning,

I don't notice any difference in the photos you have attached and I suspect you won't in my photos. There is comfort in knowing that you are experiencing the identical problem, with Windows Photo Viewer producing a washed-out image. This washing-out occurs with all my photos not just the one that have attached. It appears that you and I are victims of trying to reach perfection by employing Spyder. There might not be a remedy. I appreciate your efforts in helping me.

Thanks,

Pete

Here is the other image....

Good morning,

Thanks,

Pete

You really don't see the changes in brightness, hence color, among Steve's examples :huh:

Look through this post on how to post pictures HERE.

You really don't see the changes in brightness, hence color, among Steve's examples :huh:

Look through this post on how to post pictures HERE.

Hi Jim,

I appreciate your willingness to assist me and all others. I have attempted to attach the photos with this reply, following your directions, but failed. Before developing a negative complex, I am surrendering. I'd like to say that this entire "color" exercise was worthwhile as a learning experience, but aside from better knowing you and meeting Steve, it proved to be a waste of time. Steve was helpful as well though, as he hasn't unearthed a remedy. There just is not one within PhotoSuite.

Again, thanks for all your help,

Pete

Hi Jim,

I appreciate your willingness to assist me and all others. I have attempted to attach the photos with this reply, following your directions, but failed. Before developing a negative complex, I am surrendering. I'd like to say that this entire "color" exercise was worthwhile as a learning experience, but aside from better knowing you and meeting Steve, it proved to be a waste of time. Steve was helpful as well though, as he hasn't unearthed a remedy. There just is not one within PhotoSuite.

Again, thanks for all your help,

Pete

Just a question. Are you worried about color profiles because you are going to print the images? If so, the printer calibration would be the one to worry about.

I'm sort of disappointed that you chose NOT to load the images to show us the "color variation, for the same image, between what is displayed in Creator PhotoSuite and Windows Photo Viewer".

As per this discussion, not one has seen a color variation; just a brightness or contract variation.

I guess we should have given you a "no answer" regarding the capability in PhotoShite rather than going further.:(

Good morning all,

I am experiencing a color variation, for the same image, between what is displayed in Creator PhotoSuite and Windows Photo Viewer. I have used PhotoSuite for years and haven't noticed such a difference in the past. I use Windows 7, a Dell 27" monitor and Spyder 3 Elite for monitor calibration.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced this and how rectify it.

Thanks so much,

Pete

Pete, I have a 23 inch Samsung monitor and use Spyder 2 to tune it. Could you post the image of both the application so we can see what you are seeing.

Here are mine; they are pretty close in color. The Windows viewer is more washed out in the examples. I am, like most men, slightly color blind.

All the images below are of the same image and have not been color corrected from the original in this comparison.

Roxio PhotoSuite

post-58-020547200 1312024389.jpg

Windows PhotoViewer.

post-58-028839300 1312024406.jpg

Edit ; Here is one from Adobe PhotoShop Elements 8:

post-58-008987500 1312025281.jpg

Here is one from LightZone.

post-58-035782300 1312025621.jpg

I also got this from another Regular here, ggrussell:

If he calibrated using the Spyder 3 Elite, then the image should look similar every where in Windows.

The only exception to that is if the app being used has color management turned on and the user has chosen the wrong ICC.

I haven't used PhotoSuite enough to know if it even has correction management.

Archived