• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pal, But Not Ntsc

Del Cambo

Question

I have the program running properly, and I'm trying to run video from a Panasonic NV-SJ200 VHS player. It says on the front "Multi System: PAL/Musecam/NTSC 3.58/4.43: NTSC recording and playback." When I hook it up to Roxio, I can get the PAL signal from my British VHS tapes in the video pane well enough, but when I try any NTSC cassette, I get no video, and audio cuts in and out at three-second intervals.

I'm not sure which settings to check, and there doesn't seem to be any reason why Roxio would only take out-of-country signals.

Some other threads mentioned checking the device manager, and my readout of USB drives doesn't name anything specific. I have two devices plugged in through USB: the Printer, and The Roxio adapter. So I assume the system has the Roxio adapter labelled as "USB Mass Storage Device." (The other one is labelled as "USB Printing Support")

I'm running Windows 7 on a home-built computer, but something's got to be working if I can get PAL video.

3 answers to this question

That didn't seem to work. I could actually navigate the VCR's menu in the viewing window of Roxio Easy VHS to DVD. it wasn't until I switched it to NTSC 3.58 that it actually froze and then gave me a Blue Screen of Near Death, then the system restarted and worked as normal. The VCR is now set to NTSC 4.43, and I get a few frames of the video when I just come off of the VCR's menu (which shows in full color). This VCR does automatically switch its output for the tape that it plays, and even automatically adjusts for PAL or NTSC input from other devices. when I am navigating the menu, the display also shows the audio levels (when a tape is playing), but even the levels disappear when I leave the menu. The audio cut has become less frequent, playing about five seconds and cutting out for about half a second.

I know nothing else on the computer is playing the audio, because I can close Roxio and the sound goes away. Can I get another media player program to use the input from the Roxio adapter? I want to see if it's the computer, the program or the adapter.

It IS NOT listed as a Mass Storage Device! Look in Sound:

post-39730-068440800 1311524199.jpg

Assuming all is well, I would suspect your VHS requires some Settings to be changed???

Never had one like that, but I suspect you must specify NTSC output when playing an NTSB tape...

Also the cut outs could be from Copy Protection on the tape, that sounds like MacroVision protection.

I have the program running properly, and I'm trying to run video from a Panasonic NV-SJ200 VHS player. It says on the front "Multi System: PAL/Musecam/NTSC 3.58/4.43: NTSC recording and playback." When I hook it up to Roxio, I can get the PAL signal from my British VHS tapes in the video pane well enough, but when I try any NTSC cassette, I get no video, and audio cuts in and out at three-second intervals.

I'm not sure which settings to check, and there doesn't seem to be any reason why Roxio would only take out-of-country signals.

Some other threads mentioned checking the device manager, and my readout of USB drives doesn't name anything specific. I have two devices plugged in through USB: the Printer, and The Roxio adapter. So I assume the system has the Roxio adapter labelled as "USB Mass Storage Device." (The other one is labelled as "USB Printing Support")

I'm running Windows 7 on a home-built computer, but something's got to be working if I can get PAL video.

Look at page 14 in the Panasonic user manual for setting up to play NTSC.

Archived