Vhs To Dvd Will Not Open

stevens322

Question

Really getting quite frustrated with this product. downloaded and installed updated drivers, all system requirements comply. when I try and open the program I recieve an error. The following is what it states.

An unknown error has occured. The application will shut down now. Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. 32 bit.

8 answers to this question

I went thru the entire program removal including going into the registry. This time I did clean out cookies, private data, clear history and empty cache from the internet. Also used CCleaner, regServe and did all the new instructions again.

Loaded the program w/o the internet connected. Same message, exception " Disc_NOT_DEINIT_BEFORE_CLOSE" then back to icon screen.

In other answers to problems, USB 2861 device must be under sounds along with Roxio Video Capture USB. I have the Roxio Capture no USB 2861. Perhaps this detail missing will help with an answer? I think it would help with using this capture device with other programs.

I went thru the entire program removal including going into the registry. This time I did clean out cookies, private data, clear history and empty cache from the internet. Also used CCleaner, regServe and did all the new instructions again.

Loaded the program w/o the internet connected. Same message, exception " Disc_NOT_DEINIT_BEFORE_CLOSE" then back to icon screen.

In other answers to problems, USB 2861 device must be under sounds along with Roxio Video Capture USB. I have the Roxio Capture no USB 2861. Perhaps this detail missing will help with an answer? I think it would help with using this capture device with other programs.

9/3 Technical service will not let me open my history. Therefore, I went to the forum for help, and found this solution. I disconnected my logitech USB and now I have good video and sound. The USB 2861 audio under device manager is just usb audio device now, must the latest version.

PROBLEM: I can't record to a DVD. I will star a new question.

I have the same problem for over a month, Will not start. Tech service has had me do all the recommended fixes and sent me to the next tech level. They started off with resolving common capture solutions, did not fix.

1. I do not have UBC 2861 located in the sound file under device manager, could this be a problem?

2. VHS to DVD program starts when the capturing device is not plugged in. Plug it in and the error message shows up or completely shuts off. I have received 2 messages, over the many times I have reloaded the capture and VHS 2 DVD programs.

first message:

Exception: Disc_ NOT_DEINIT_BEFORE_CLOSE "MOST FREQUENT MESSAGE"

second message:

Operation has generated an exception that could not be handled

Process ID=Oxbc4(3012), Thread ID=Oxe78(3704)

3. Sound editor works

4. When VisualStudeo program was installed, removed now, I had video and the sound was garbled using this program.

My computer:

* Operating System (including service packs): XP PRO SP3

* Make: Asus MB M4A78 PRO

* Audeo: VIA 1708S 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC

* Video card: integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 GPU

* Processor speed: AMD phenom II X2 550 3.11

* RAM: 2 GHz

* Free hard drive space: 56 GB

* I last did an operating system update on: Aug 1, 2011

I have the same problem for over a month, Will not start. Tech service has had me do all the recommended fixes and sent me to the next tech level. They started off with resolving common capture solutions, did not fix.

1. I do not have UBC 2861 located in the sound file under device manager, could this be a problem?

2. VHS to DVD program starts when the capturing device is not plugged in. Plug it in and the error message shows up or completely shuts off. I have received 2 messages, over the many times I have reloaded the capture and VHS 2 DVD programs.

first message:

Exception: Disc_ NOT_DEINIT_BEFORE_CLOSE "MOST FREQUENT MESSAGE"

second message:

Operation has generated an exception that could not be handled

Process ID=Oxbc4(3012), Thread ID=Oxe78(3704)

3. Sound editor works

4. When VisualStudeo program was installed, removed now, I had video and the sound was garbled using this program.

My computer:

* Operating System (including service packs): XP PRO SP3

* Make: Asus MB M4A78 PRO

* Audeo: VIA 1708S 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC

* Video card: integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 GPU

* Processor speed: AMD phenom II X2 550 3.11

* RAM: 2 GHz

* Free hard drive space: 56 GB

* I last did an operating system update on: Aug 1, 2011

Did you look at the suggestion in Post # 2. Pay attention to the first 4 paragraphs.

Did you look at the suggestion in Post # 2. Pay attention to the first 4 paragraphs.

Not sure if you met post #2, this page, (jim_harden). However, I did follow the how to load V2D using the VISTA recommendation. Before reloading the program, I completely removed the program first using Roxio "complete uninstall". Same problem and message.

Not sure if you met post #2, this page, (jim_harden). However, I did follow the how to load V2D using the VISTA recommendation. Before reloading the program, I completely removed the program first using Roxio "complete uninstall". Same problem and message.

You did all these as well, for sure:

"clean all cache, cookies, private data, clear history, delete the temp file contents (start run %temp%), run disc cleanup, empty the recycle bin, run disc defragmenter on the operating system C / installation drive. Reboot the PC, close all unnecessary running programs, disconnect from the internet and turn off / stop antivirus and firewall software. Now I'm ready to install the software.

Archived