• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Output File Size

Damascus

Question

I have been successfully burning Hi Def DVDs on my Macbook using Toast 11. Yesterday, I was doing some test work and decided to burn 10 seconds of movie in a 75MB Quicktime file (originally filmed and transferred to my Mac in 720p). Toast 11 is recording the movie in an 18.8MB size. I cannot directly compare the movie against my source file to assess quality (because I don't have Roxio Movie Player) Does anyone know what's going on? Roxio doesn't.

8 answers to this question

When the converted video is done, add it to the Toast window with Video Files selected and Toast will describe its specs. What are they?

The created DVD, when imported back into Toast produces info as follows:

Video: H.264/AVC, 1280 x 720, 59.94 fps

Audio: Dolby Digital, Stereo, 48000HZ

My original 75 KB QT file info is as follows:

Video: H.264, 1280 x 720, 29.97 fps

Audio: 16-bit, Stereo 44100HZ

Hope this helps.

The created DVD, when imported back into Toast produces info as follows:

Video: H.264/AVC, 1280 x 720, 59.94 fps

Audio: Dolby Digital, Stereo, 48000HZ

My original 75 KB QT file info is as follows:

Video: H.264, 1280 x 720, 29.97 fps

Audio: 16-bit, Stereo 44100HZ

Hope this helps.

That all looks right. You do have Roxio Video Player. It is opened under the Extras menu in Toast. or you can control click on the mounted disc image and choose Open with... Roxio Video Player.

That all looks right. You do have Roxio Video Player. It is opened under the Extras menu in Toast. or you can control click on the mounted disc image and choose Open with... Roxio Video Player.

I don't have all the Extras listed on p.32 of the Toast Guide. I downloaded the latest Toast 11 Titanium (not Pro) yesterday and there are 11 items in the package for a total size of 931.4MB. There's no Roxio Video Player unfortunately.

I don't have all the Extras listed on p.32 of the Toast Guide. I downloaded the latest Toast 11 Titanium (not Pro) yesterday and there are 11 items in the package for a total size of 931.4MB. There's no Roxio Video Player unfortunately.

Roxio Video Player does not show up in the folder. It is opened via Toast's Extras menu. I presume it is there for the standard version as well as the Pro version. What I've done to make thinks easier is when the player is open I dragged its icon from the Dock to the Toast folder giving me an Roxio Video Player alias file. This allows me to open it directly from the folder like I can the other applications.

Roxio Video Player does not show up in the folder. It is opened via Toast's Extras menu. I presume it is there for the standard version as well as the Pro version. What I've done to make thinks easier is when the player is open I dragged its icon from the Dock to the Toast folder giving me an Roxio Video Player alias file. This allows me to open it directly from the folder like I can the other applications.

My Roxio Guide does not list the Video Player as an Extra and I suppose it's only available for the Pro version.

Do you know why Toast burnt my movie at 59.94 fps when I set it at 29.97? I don't see that I have any control over Toast's choice of fps.

Open Toast. In the menu bar at the top there is File, Edit, Recorder, Disc, Utilities, Extras, Window and Help. Click The Extras menu. At the bottom you should see Roxio Video Player. You are correct that you have no choice over the fps. From what I've seen it is normal for 720p video to have a frame rate of 59.94 fps. I think that is because progressive video has double the number of frames per second as does interlaced video.

Open Toast. In the menu bar at the top there is File, Edit, Recorder, Disc, Utilities, Extras, Window and Help. Click The Extras menu. At the bottom you should see Roxio Video Player. You are correct that you have no choice over the fps. From what I've seen it is normal for 720p video to have a frame rate of 59.94 fps. I think that is because progressive video has double the number of frames per second as does interlaced video.

Thanks for pointing out the location of the Extras!! Your explanation of the fps rate makes sense. Thanks again!

Tomorrow, I will view my 10 sec movie in Toast Video Player and give you an update on picture quality.

I have been successfully burning Hi Def DVDs on my Macbook using Toast 11. Yesterday, I was doing some test work and decided to burn 10 seconds of movie in a 75MB Quicktime file (originally filmed and transferred to my Mac in 720p). Toast 11 is recording the movie in an 18.8MB size. I cannot directly compare the movie against my source file to assess quality (because I don't have Roxio Movie Player) Does anyone know what's going on? Roxio doesn't.

When the converted video is done, add it to the Toast window with Video Files selected and Toast will describe its specs. What are they?

Archived