Recording Audio

rain6460

Question

Hi All,

Have Creator 10 installed. Tried to install the Service Pack 2 update on my Windows 7 machine, but keep getting error message saying words to the effect..."No software found. Please try re-installing Creator 10 and then apply update." Well, tried that, same result. Even uninstalled Roxio and re-installed a second time, but keep getting same error message.

My main problem is I cannot record audio from the internet. Used to be able to do this with no problem on my old XP machine. In XP I would open up Roxio's record audio program, and the "Capture From" drop-down menu had many options available. I could record anything that was coming out of my desktop speakers. Now on my new Windows 7 machine, the only option on the "Capture From" menu is "Realtek digital Input (Realtek High Definition Audio)." When I have something playing through my speakers, there is no sound registering on the input meter?

I have an AMD motherboard with onboard audio, no sound card. I keep thinking this is just a setting problem, but have tried every setting I could find with no change. If I plug in my usb mic I can record myself speaking, but nothing that's coming from my speakers...Stumped on this and the Service Pack 2 update issue. Thanks.

Jeff

By the way...I gave this one to Roxio support, and their response was to upgrade to Creator 11. They also told me they were very sorry, but no longer supported 10. WOW. I'm surprised they didn't also tell me not to let the door hit my butt on the way out! They just wanted me to plunk down another eighty bucs for 11, with no guarantee it would resolve my issues. Like I said...WOW.

15 answers to this question

Hi All,

Have Creator 10 installed. Tried to install the Service Pack 2 update on my Windows 7 machine, but keep getting error message saying words to the effect..."No software found. Please try re-installing Creator 10 and then apply update." Well, tried that, same result. Even uninstalled Roxio and re-installed a second time, but keep getting same error message.

My main problem is I cannot record audio from the internet. Used to be able to do this with no problem on my old XP machine. In XP I would open up Roxio's record audio program, and the "Capture From" drop-down menu had many options available. I could record anything that was coming out of my desktop speakers. Now on my new Windows 7 machine, the only option on the "Capture From" menu is "Realtek digital Input (Realtek High Definition Audio)." When I have something playing through my speakers, there is no sound registering on the input meter?

I have an AMD motherboard with onboard audio, no sound card. I keep thinking this is just a setting problem, but have tried every setting I could find with no change. If I plug in my usb mic I can record myself speaking, but nothing that's coming from my speakers...Stumped on this and the Service Pack 2 update issue. Thanks.

Jeff

By the way...I gave this one to Roxio support, and their response was to upgrade to Creator 11. They also told me they were very sorry, but no longer supported 10. WOW. I'm surprised they didn't also tell me not to let the door hit my butt on the way out! They just wanted me to plunk down another eighty bucs for 11, with no guarantee it would resolve my issues. Like I said...WOW.

There is no Creator 10! There is a 4 year/version old EMC 10 and there is the 2 year old Roxio Creator 2010. Which one do you have?

I thought I mentioned Roxio Creator 10? That's what I have. The full suite

Hi All,

Jeff

I thought I mentioned Roxio Creator 10? That's what I have. The full suite

There is Easy Media Creator 10

There is Creator 2010

There are OEM versions of the Easy Media Creator 10 sometimes called Creator 10.X DE. Other hardware manufacturers have modiifications of this OEM.

There is Creator 10 Pemier and Creator 10 Silver, Creator 10 SE and more.

We are jus trying to find out which of the 4 or 5 or more versions you have because each is different and have different limitations. If it is OEM software that came with a piece of hardware regardless of if you paid for it or not, the support comes from that hardware manufacturer. Read this and its link.

Please don't get so defensive if you want an answer. Remember we are users with experience and NOT Roxio Technical Support.

A screen shot of the about page would be real useful.

The difference is subtle, you're saying "Creator 10", which doesn't exist. There is Creator 2010, and there is Easy Media Creator 10. Unfortunately, the naming changes make it easy to confuse which one you actually have. Thus the question, as it's still not perfectly clear which version you have.

If you have Creator 2010, please don't leave off the "20". There's no charge here for extra characters.

Oh, I see..."There's no charge for extra characters," but I'm the one getting defensive here? Really?? If my original post sounded defensive, it's because I felt that Roxio could have done a little better. Something, anything is better than nothing.

And to all of you folks here on this forum, my apologies. I honestly had no idea there were this many versions of the program out there! By the way, I have "EASY MEDIA CREATOR 10."

I'm sorry, but when I spend good money on a program, and then get zero customer support when I have an issue...But instead am asked to spend more money to upgrade when there's no guarantee that will solve my issues...well, maybe it's just me, but I find that a tad frustrating. Jeff

Oh, I see..."There's no charge for extra characters," but I'm the one getting defensive here? Really?? If my original post sounded defensive, it's because I felt that Roxio could have done a little better. Something, anything is better than nothing.

And to all of you folks here on this forum, my apologies. I honestly had no idea there were this many versions of the program out there! By the way, I have "EASY MEDIA CREATOR 10."

I'm sorry, but when I spend good money on a program, and then get zero customer support when I have an issue...But instead am asked to spend more money to upgrade when there's no guarantee that will solve my issues...well, maybe it's just me, but I find that a tad frustrating. Jeff

First, EMC 10 is not compatible with W7. Some parts will work for a short time then fail. This is a list of compatible products.

The service packs you tried to install were for Creator 2010. They will not work for EMC 10 as you found out.

When did you buy EMC 10? I hope you got a good deal because it is 4 versions and almost 5 years behind the current version.

For Internet audio capture, please read this (link).. It may work for a short time. You may be able to run a jumper from your audio out to your audio in. I believe that worked for some people.

Roxio provides free support for the current flagship products only. You would have to pay for any other support especially on a 5 year old product. We are pretty good here once we have the correct information.

As Steve said, your EMC 10 isn't compatible with Win 7.

The only service pack available for EMC 10, is here:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc10/software_updates.html

Thanks so much to all of you. I really am sorry for being such an idiot about which version I have. I really did think all those different names were referring to the same product. And I also had no idea my version was this old either! I will try your suggestions and maybe even consider an upgrade. Thanks again to all of you for putting up with me.

sincerely,

Jeff

From a post by Steve (that may be worth looking into)

FYI, Fry's is selling Creator 2011 (standard) for $50 MINUS $20 mail in rebate for a final cost of $30. You can order it on-line if you don't have a Fry's near you.

From a post by Steve (that may be worth looking into)

FYI, Fry's is selling Creator 2011 (standard) for $50 MINUS $20 mail in rebate for a final cost of $30. You can order it on-line if you don't have a Fry's near you.

FRYS.com #

items:

qty unit price ext price

6373991 ROXIO CREATOR 2011

remove item $49.99 $49.99

Shipping: Unavailable

That didn't show up when I check it on the e-mail I got. Oh well. The Pro version is available for $80 after rebate and that is available via shipping.

I don't have a Fry's in my state that could be the reason?

I don't have a Fry's in my state that could be the reason?

The no shipping info now shows for the standard version. Perhaps between the time I read the adv and looked and then went back things changed ?:unsure:

Archived