• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

gailmk

Exclamation Mark

Question

Does anyone know what the problem is when you get a blank page with an exclamation mark in the middle. This page does not let you get back to your photoshow or perform any actions. I have to close the program from this page and open it again to continue.

See attached

Gail

Roxio Exclamation.pdf

16 answers to this question

Does anyone know what the problem is when you get a blank page with an exclamation mark in the middle. This page does not let you get back to your photoshow or perform any actions. I have to close the program from this page and open it again to continue.

See attached

Gail

Nothing is attached.

See attached

Gail

I tried to attack a word document with the screenshot but it tells me I can't attach that type of file. I don't know how else to attach it. Sorry.

I tried to attack a word document with the screenshot but it tells me I can't attach that type of file. I don't know how else to attach it. Sorry.

Make your screen capture in jpeg not a word document!

Posting A Picture/screen Cap On Roxio

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/

Here is the attachment

Is the hour glass part of that error or is it part of your capture?

Where do you have your images/video/music- on your c drive? Ar you working with the on-line version ot the desktop?? What format are the files - images, videos, music?

Is the hour glass part of that error or is it part of your capture?

Where do you have your images/video/music- on your c drive? Ar you working with the on-line version ot the desktop?? What format are the files - images, videos, music?

Yes, the hour glass is present on the error page. I am working on my desktop and all resides on my c drive.

Thanks Gail

Yes, the hour glass is present on the error page. I am working on my desktop and all resides on my c drive.

Thanks Gail

That hour glass seems to indicate that your computer is working away but having issues. Since you are working with the desktop version, your internet should not be part of the issue but are you connected? If not, try connecting.

What about the other question in my earlier post? " What format are the files - images, videos, music??

Are you aware of the limitation in the desktop version?

"Roxio PhotoShow supports digital photos in the following formats: JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, and TIFF. There is no set limit on the file size or resolution of digital photos which can be included in a PhotoShow. The maximum number of images that can be included in a PhotoShow is 400. (Note that some people had issues with very large images. This is a possibility for your issue.)

Roxio PhotoShow supports video clips in the following formats: AVI, MPEG1, and MOV. The maximum file size of a video clip which can be included in a PhotoShow is 50 MB."

Music must be mp3 that you own. It must be DRM free. I would not use anything from your ITunes Library or from Real Networks.

Go to the help and then about page and post your "Build Number"

To save time, please answer all the questions; not just part of them. Thanks.

OH, please give us some information about your computer. When did you last clean the hard drive of temporary files, defrag, update, etc. How much free space do you have on your hard drive?

To save time, please answer all the questions; not just part of them. Thanks.

Thanks Gail

The files are images "JPEG" and music "MP3". I have less than 400 pictures in the show.

Version 6.0.0 Build 857

Computer maintenance is performed on a regular basis tempory file cleaning every couple of days, defrag when required etc. All updates are installed.

79.6 GB free space on my hard drive, 3.5 GB RAM.

Gail

The files are images "JPEG" and music "MP3". I have less than 400 pictures in the show.

Version 6.0.0 Build 857

Computer maintenance is performed on a regular basis tempory file cleaning every couple of days, defrag when required etc. All updates are installed.

79.6 GB free space on my hard drive, 3.5 GB RAM.

Gail

All that looks OK. Go to Windows Start and type in msconfig and then run msconfig.exe.. Go to the startup tab and tell us how many items are checked (better still post a screen shot0.

As an alternate, start Task Manager, go to the applications tab and set it to show applications from all users, and then minimize it. Open PhotoShow and work on that PhotoShow. . What is taking the CPU time and how much and how many tasks do you see runnning..

All that looks OK. Go to Windows Start and type in msconfig and then run msconfig.exe.. Go to the startup tab and tell us how many items are checked (better still post a screen shot0.

As an alternate, start Task Manager, go to the applications tab and set it to show applications from all users, and then minimize it. Open PhotoShow and work on that PhotoShow. . What is taking the CPU time and how much and how many tasks do you see runnning..

Here are the screenshots.

screenshots.pdf

You have me stumped. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Is the music DRM protected and from ITunes? I asked before but I didn't see an answer. You might want o try to make a short PhotoShow with 5-10 pictures and one of those mp3 music files just to check.

In the meantime,

1) redownload PhotoShow Version 6 and install it. It will overwrite any issues with the current installation.

2) Contact PhotoShow support directly. Go here and look to the right to see your contact options. You may be able to do a live chat today.

You have me stumped. Perhaps someone else will have an idea.

Is the music DRM protected and from ITunes? I asked before but I didn't see an answer. You might want o try to make a short PhotoShow with 5-10 pictures and one of those mp3 music files just to check.

In the meantime,

1) redownload PhotoShow Version 6 and install it. It will overwrite any issues with the current installation.

2) Contact PhotoShow support directly. Go here and look to the right to see your contact options. You may be able to do a live chat today.

I think I will reinstall the program.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Gail

Why do you keep on attaching the pdf file? You were shown how to attach the screenshot jpg inpost #4.

Why do you keep on attaching the pdf file? You were shown how to attach the screenshot jpg inpost #4.

I am sorry, I did not realize that the pdf was a problem. It was just easier than the jpg.

Gail

I am sorry, I did not realize that the pdf was a problem. It was just easier than the jpg.

Gail

The pdf is not really a problem but it is actually not easier then directly attaching the jpeg. Using the pdf involves several additional steps in viewing the picture. If you attach the jpeg it is directly visible in your post as you can see if you view other post that have attachments.

The pdf is not really a problem but it is actually not easier then directly attaching the jpeg. Using the pdf involves several additional steps in viewing the picture. If you attach the jpeg it is directly visible in your post as you can see if you view other post that have attachments.

Thank you. I will remember that for the future.

Gail