Sign in to follow this  
Rummble

Application Error

Question

Hi,

When I click Capture or Edit & Share I get "MediaCaptureGame1X.exe - Application Error

X The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application."

I assumed it was because I am running Windows 7 64bit so I changed the compatibility to XP with service pack 3 and it will run but would rather not run it in compatibility mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I had this issue just now myself on Win7 64-bit. Win7 comes w/.NET 3.5 SP1 and perusing the CD files it appeared as if that's what it used so I started doing some research and never found the answer online. In the end, thanks to your idea to run it in compatibility mode, I chose to "Run As Administrator..." and it worked just fine. So I'd update your settings to allow this to run as admin each time, and I don't think you'll have a problem after that.

Hopefully, you've resolved this already, but if not I hope it helped. I was really thinking other people down the road like me might stumble across this thread and find the fix that I spent quite a while going crazy over myself!

Thanks for an idea spawn, too! :) Sometimes it's those easy ones that we skip over.