• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help For A Newbie

babigirljay

Question

HI

Would like to be able to burn a number of home videos to DVD, but have a few questions.

I want to be able split up my home video into different chapters on my new DVD. Is this possible?

I'm thinking that I would need to transfer video to my PC then edit, cut paste etc, before burning to DVD. Is that how this software works?

or can you only burn contact straight to DVD?

Thanks for your help

9 answers to this question

YES! Just use Capture in conjunction with the Roxio Video Capture USB device:

post-39730-048448800 1319637026.jpg

(this is taken from Creator 2010 using the USB device)

Then use the normal VideoWave and/or MyDVD to do the edits and make the DVD.

Of course since MyDVD is an Authoring program, it is where Chapters are created ;)

OK, looks good, Jim and all - thanks for the help - it's appreciated.

The Output Choices of the Easy VHS to DVD are extremely limited :(

It cannot do "Chapters" but then do you understand that "Chapters" are merely jump points within One Title? (Menu Button = Title)

When you have a "Chapter Menu", and pick one, the Movie will start there and play to the END... <_< It does not play a chapter and go back to a menu.

In any case, V2D does not do chapters and is limited in that it will combine all the movies you add into one. You can have a Menu but it only has one button ;)

If you want to do any serious edits and have complex menus, then you want to go with the Roxio Creator.

There is a Retail Only version available, Roxio Creator 2011, Special Edition, which includes the Roxio Video Capture USB device... Of course there is no free lunch ~ the Creator Suite is a little limited in the 'extras'...

There is also the regular Suites, Roxio Creator 2011 and the Pro Version only you need to buy the Capture Device separately.

You can buy one of these through the Roxio Store and have 30 days to try it...

The Output Choices of the Easy VHS to DVD are extremely limited :(

It cannot do "Chapters" but then do you understand that "Chapters" are merely jump points within One Title? (Menu Button = Title)

When you have a "Chapter Menu", and pick one, the Movie will start there and play to the END... <_< It does not play a chapter and go back to a menu.

In any case, V2D does not do chapters and is limited in that it will combine all the movies you add into one. You can have a Menu but it only has one button ;)

If you want to do any serious edits and have complex menus, then you want to go with the Roxio Creator.

There is a Retail Only version available, Roxio Creator 2011, Special Edition, which includes the Roxio Video Capture USB device... Of course there is no free lunch ~ the Creator Suite is a little limited in the 'extras'...

There is also the regular Suites, Roxio Creator 2011 and the Pro Version only you need to buy the Capture Device separately.

You can buy one of these through the Roxio Store and have 30 days to try it...

Yes, I understand.

I had one video that was 1 1/2 hours long, a fast chapter skip would have been nice.

I think to this with Creator 2010, I would plug in the usb to VCR cable run Creator 2010 and use the "Capture Video" like I was bringing it in from a video camera.

Is that how I would do it?

YES! Just use Capture in conjunction with the Roxio Video Capture USB device:

post-39730-048448800 1319637026.jpg

(this is taken from Creator 2010 using the USB device)

Then use the normal VideoWave and/or MyDVD to do the edits and make the DVD.

Of course since MyDVD is an Authoring program, it is where Chapters are created ;)

Archived